Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Derrick’s POV

Sitting in the truck, looking at our house, and the lights were on so I knew Carly was home. 

I didn’t want to go in because I knew the second I got in, we’d have a fight.  I was frustrated with myself, I didn’t understand, if I was so unhappy with Carly, then why was I still with her.

All day, I thought about the past.  My past with Angela and how happy we were.  How, when she disappeared, I would have done anything to forget her, and in a way I did.  I didn’t do it in a good way, it was to forget but, there she was inside the home where Angela and I were supposed to share.

I got out of the truck, making sure to lock it and slowly walked towards the front door.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door knowing it wouldn’t be locked.  Carly didn’t lock anything, always saying if someone wants in, either into the house or car, they’ll find a way.

I walked into the house, closing and locking the door behind me.

I went into the kitchen and she was sitting at the table.

‘Hi.’ I said to her.

‘Where have you been, it’s past 9 o’clock!’ she yelled.

‘I told you when I spoke to you this afternoon that I’d be late.’ I said.

‘Do you have any idea what was going through my head?!’ she yelled.

‘I’m sorry but I told you, it’s not my fault if you didn’t remember.’

‘Why was your phone off?’ she asked.

‘Hospital, your phone has to be off.’ I explained.

‘Whatever,’ she said starting to walk away then added, ‘I hope you’re happy, I had this whole romantic plan in my head and now it’s ruined.’

‘Ok, well I’m going to bed.  Night.’ I said and walked up the stairs. 

I went to the bathroom and washed my teeth, then took off my jeans and got in bed.  Closing the light beside the bed and I let my head drop on the pillow. 

I wondered if Carly was going to sleep in the bed next to me or somewhere else.  The last thought I had before falling asleep was that I didn’t care if she would sleep next to me or somewhere else.

………………………………………………………………………………………  

6am my alarm clock started beeping.  I shut it off and sat up.  I did the same thing every day and so it was bathroom, get dressed and go downstairs for coffee then leave.