Two Ghosts

Harry and Taylor break up. Finally, Thank God.

Louis almost can't believe the news, and for some reason, he is not as happy as he thought he would be. Yes, of course, he is relieved that he doesn't have to see them together anymore, but it still doesn't feel right. Harry still doesn't talk to him, not really. Apparently, break-up sex only breaks things, doesn't fix them.

Louis regrets the way he acted that night, he wanted Harry so bad that he literally called it break-up sex just to get him to bed with him. He was tired and lonely and Harry was right there and he didn't want to miss his chance. The next morning though, he woke up still wrapped in Harry's arms, and Harry was awake, staring at nothing. When Harry spoons him (which is something that doesn't happen quite often) Louis knows it's because he's feeling extra possessive that night (which also doesn't happen a lot). That day, however, Louis felt so lonely, even though he was right there between Harry's arms, he felt millions of miles away and he realized: he fucked up.

"Good morning " Louis whispered.

Harry looked at him, eyes empty, and mumbled a small "'morning" to him. Then swiftly left the bed.

Louis felt his chest tightening, and he took a deep breath. He waited for Harry to get out of the bathroom, watched him getting dressed, then leaving the room. Only then, he left the bed as well and went to the bathroom.

When Louis entered the kitchen, Liam and Niall were already there, Harry was making breakfast, Niall eating his cereal, and Liam drinking a cup of coffee. Liam exchanged looks between him and Harry but said nothing.

"Here" Louis looked at the plate Harry put in front of him, eggs and bacon then looked back at Harry.

"You promised " Harry reminded him "and you didn't have your dinner last night"

Louis wanted to snort at that, but Harry looked dead serious. And it made him feel so, so sad. The way Harry was talking to him in a cold tone like he was forcing himself to do it. Nonetheless, Louis took the plate and mumbled "thank you" to Harry.

From that day and on, Harry treated him the exact same way. It's not like they see each other a lot anyway, just here and there around the studio or when they're hanging out with the boys or when they crossways in the morning. Harry keeps reminding him to eat regularly and healthy, and he stayed true to his word, just a few days after their "break up sex", Harry announced his break up with Taylor, and the news was everywhere the day after that. Right after that, Eleanor is back in the picture. But other than this, Harry has shown zero interest in Louis. It.fucking.hurts.
------------

"You will get over it," Niall tells him one night while they're playing FIFA, they both decided to refuse going out with the boys.

"I don't want to get over it," Louis tells him annoyed. Everyone keeps telling him that..but what if he doesn't want to move on from this? "This" is the love of his life! He just knows it..these few months he spent with Harry he was truly and for a very long time, happy.

"Then talk it out and get him back," Niall says instead "I know you're still in love with him"

Louis knows Niall is only saying that to comfort him, but he also knows for a fact that their bandmates wish they would just stay away from each other. And they have the right to do, Louis thinks. Because any relationship inside the band can truly cause too many troubles, it was proved. Zayn is the one who hinted that to Louis, Niall keeps saying it's none of their business and they have no right to tell Louis or/and Harry what to do, their only job is to be supportive. And Liam..well. Liam was surprisingly ok with them being together. He worried about them and the band, of course, but Louis can see how he was trying to get them to talk and fix things. Which is unexpected honestly.