Dance Lessons

Daryl

Daryl was perched on Carbry's counter, precariously reaching for the vase that was at the very back corner of the upper most shelf in the kitchen and listening to Meriwa ramble about nearly everything. When she paused to take a breath, he grinned and glanced back at her as he pulled the vase into his hands and stepped backwards off the counter, landing easily on the floor. "You're rambling."

"Shut up. No I'm not." She scowled at him, grabbing the vase and turning to the sink. "And what if I am? How are you so cool? You have foursomes with your friends and their mates a lot?"

"You're probably the only person I would even think about doing this with." Daryl shrugged as he turned to cut the ends off the flowers using a pair of kitchen scissors he'd grabbed from the chopping block where all Carbry's fancy knives were stored, "And I made like six or seven cobblers today. Like, I was baking all day cause Ryker said I couldn't go to the farm cause I would get hurt or dirty or well...he didn't want me to leave him alone I don't think."

"King Vampire doesn't seem nervous." Meriwa rolled her eyes as she spoke, though she grinned a little when Daryl placed the flowers in the vase in front of her. Closing her eyes, she leaned forward and smelled them. "These are beautiful."

"I thought you'd like them. And I don't think it's super complicated for him." Daryl laughed softly, glancing at her and finding himself enjoying her smile. "As long as you're happy, he doesn't give a shit. Who does he need to impress? He pretty much rules the supernatural world already. What's a couple orgies going to do to his reputation?"

"I bet vampires get experience points for the number of orgies they have." Meri snorted, rolling her eyes again and using the detachable tap head to fill the vase with a bit more water. "I mean, aside from the fact that you're ridiculously hot and I'm sure I could sell your underwear for like thousands of dollars to anyone who'd met you, did you know that people actually buy shit like that? Anyway, aside from that...and even if you were ugly...or maybe if you were only as sorta attractive as Ryker might maybe be...I think you're the only person I'd try this with, too. You're not weird. We're friends."

"I mean, technically...is it necrophilia? That's what I'm more worried about..."

Meri's eyebrows shot up before she scowled and hosed him down with the spray nozzle. "Asshole. Now you'll have to eat shirtless."

"I can't eat shirtless." Daryl laughed, shaking his head and nodding toward the door. "You'll just have to watch me suffer with the wet shirt though the whole meal."

Meri paused, reaching out to smooth the sodden material over his body, making it cling to his muscles. Then she grinned and picked up the vase, turning and walking out into the dining room.

Dinner was amazing and the wine, thankfully, was good enough that it disappeared and Carbry opened up another two bottles of red from his own collection. The conversation, the company, was surprisingly easy, though Daryl didn't know what else he had expected. Ryker and Carbry had grown close after what had happened to Meri and once Ryker was distracted and his nerves were calm, it seemed like the most natural thing in the world. The four of them lapsing into easy and amicable conversation as if they'd simply always known each other.

"I don't know how to dance." Meri laughed as they cleared the table and Car moved to the sound system while talking about some era where there had been a lot of dancing. He was about to launch into one of his highly amusing yet ridiculously long stories when Ryker spoke up.

"Daryl is a good dancer." Ryker offered with a grin, turning to make his way toward Carbry's liquor cabinet, obviously on the hunt for something stronger than the wine. "Carbry and him could show you how to do it then probably teach you."