Whiskey Dances

Ryker

"Oh, fuck no." Ryker shifted to stand up, only to find two sets of hands gripping onto him.

Carbry had a hold of the back of his neck and Meriwa was keeping him in place with a firm grasp of his thigh. He tore his gaze away from Daryl sauntering and undressing toward a raving mob of shifters and vampires to look at the couple that was sitting beside him.

"He's fine." Carbry offered calmly, before glancing back to the show with a smug look of entertainment.

Meri squeezed his leg for a moment, her eyes locking on to his. "He's going home with you tonight, isn't he?"

Ryker made a soft, pained noise, though he couldn't break that gaze. "I want him to."

"He loves you, idiot. He misses you." Meri rolled her eyes, releasing him from that spell. "You just had a shifter dry humping you, and you're going to go all asshole on him for dancing for you?"

"He's hardly dancing for me." Ryker scowled, turning his gaze back to the stage, feeling his heart quicken as he saw Daryl's waistline already filled with money. It raced faster as Daryl slid his jacket off and tossed it into the crowd of vampires.

Ok.

So maybe they weren't a raving mob. No one was rushing the stage or losing complete control, though Ryker growled when Daryl flipped himself up into a handstand before lowering himself slowly to the stage in front of a shifter who was pulling out a seemingly endless supply of bills. When his cowboy shifted closer to her and tilted his head, the woman shoved the handful of cash down the front of Daryl's pants with one hand, the other hand reaching up to unbuckle the helmet.

The woman's eyes went wide, her hand still in Daryl's pants, her eyes on the cowboy's as the helmet tumbled to the side on the stage. It looked like the shifter was moving in to kiss the cowboy-turned-firefighting-stripper.

Car's grip got tighter as Ryker tensed. His two tormentors held him in place, though he needn't have worried, Daryl shifted back up onto his feet before the woman could continue groping him, moving to the pole on the other end of the stage.

"Has he done this before?" Meri sounded far too amused for Ryker's preference, though her grip was still firm on his leg.

"I taught him." Ryker muttered, regretting the few times he had thought it was a good idea to teach his cowboy how to striptease. He had been into it because he enjoyed watching the show, not because he intended to watch his mate getting manhandled by others.

Meri released him and grabbed his whiskey, filling the glass once more and shoving it into his hands. "He's dancing for you, idiot. And he needs this... the attention, all of it... part of him, can't you see it? He's veritably glowing."

He could. It was something he had been trying to come to terms with. Daryl only had eyes for him, he knew that. But he knew that as humble and low key as Daryl was, there was a part of him that drank in the attention. Though Ryker also knew that Daryl had his limits for just how rowdy and forward someone could be with him. It was just tough, to consider the fact that his attention, his arousal wasn't enough.

But then again, he wasn't one to shy away from the limelight either.

"And just think of it, Ryke." Carbry rubbed the back of his neck before releasing him, though the man's hand remained a steady weight on his shoulder. "At the end of the day, all that, it's yours. Even if you share him. He's your mate and no one else can say that."

"Fuck... he makes taking rubber boots off, hot." Meri murmured, drawing their attention back to Daryl, somehow holding himself up on the pole as he used his feet to kick the boots off. Then the man slid down the pole, twirling on it before stopping near the bottom, holding himself up above the stage. Daryl was at the perfect height for the vampire standing in front of him to reach over and undo the top button of Daryl's pants.