Something Good To Eat

Carbry

"He's gonna drop him!" Meri complained from his arms as Carbry carried her to their apartment.

With a quiet noise of amusement, Carbry glanced over to where Ryker was toting his own mate on his back as they made the final few steps to the penthouse. When he realized he was being watched, Ryke gave Carbry a half smile and rolled his eyes as he adjusted his grip on the cowboy's thighs.

"He won't drop him, love." Car assured the drunken, worried woman in his arms. When she opened her mouth to protest, he kissed the tip of her nose to silence her. They had originally planned to go for snacks then drop Ryke and Daryl off at their own apartment.

Then Carbry had suggested it was far more practical for the two of them to spend the remainder of the evening at his and Meri's place. For that was the most logical course of action considering how drunk Daryl was. The cowboy was hard to wrangle in the best of times. When he was drunk, he was almost as much of a handful as Meri.

Yes. It was far better to keep the friends together when they were like this.

Car shifted his hold on Meri so that he could unlock their apartment then stepped aside, gesturing for Ryke and Daryl to enter ahead of them.

"Okay, cowboy." Ryke grunted as he walked through the dark and deposited Daryl a little roughly on the couch. The only response he managed to get out of his mate was a huff as the man sunk into the soft cushions.

Smirking, Carbry secured the door behind them then deposited Meri next to Daryl before switching on the living room lights. He watched as Meriwa sighed and rested her head heavily on her best friend's shoulder.

Finally, Daryl stirred, opening his bleary and red-rimmed eyes and scowling. "This is not food."

Ryke laughed softly as he stepped over to the man and ran his fingers soothingly through Daryl's hair before saying, "Nah. The old man said we were too drunk to go home. He kidnapped us, but he's going to make you a snack, ok?"

In response, Daryl gave his mate a brilliant yet only partially aware smile before nodding in understanding.

"Sleepover!" Meri yelled into Daryl's ear, making the cowboy wince as she trailed off into a giggle.

"What snacks?" He asked while resting his cheek on Meri's head now that she'd quietened again.

"Special snacks. Fancy snacks." Car assured the man as Ryker plopped down next to the cowboy. Carbry's friend was more than at home here, and he swiftly propped his feet up on the ottoman and slipped his arm around Daryl's shoulder. From Daryl's other side, Meri snuggled closer to the cowboy, and Carbry didn't miss Ryker's hand absently rubbing her shoulder reassuringly. The younger vampire didn't even seem to be aware he was doing it, but Meri grinned faintly as she drifted deeper into unconsciousness.

Once Daryl had finally processed Carbry's words, he nodded seriously before abruptly standing, surprising them all and leaving Meri to slide towards Ryke since the cowboy was no longer supporting her.

"Hot. I'm hot." As Daryl spoke, he started stripping off the crop top, prompting Ryke to jump up and stop him.

"You're already almost naked! What are you doing?"

"I..am...hot." Daryl complained with a faint smirk as Ryke began wrestling with him in an attempt to keep his mate from stripping in the living room.

Chuckling, Carbry went to the bedroom and retrieved a pair of night shorts, which he tossed to Ryke. "He can borrow those. They'll be cooler."

"Oh, thank god." Daryl said before pulling down the bright orange mini shorts and undergarments he was already wearing.

Ryker made a sharp noise of shock while from the couch Meri started giggling at the sight of her nearly nude best friend. Still panicking, Ryke admonished Meriwa. "Don't look at him, zombie!"