Chapter 40

Sohyun’s POV

Tae asked me for 2 hours, he said he had something to explain. I don’t know why but I agreed, am I cheating on Jungkook? My guilty mind kept on thinking this time and again.

I don’t know why I nodded when he asked me if I was still in love with him, I don’t love him, Jungkook is the only one for me, get hold of yourself Sohyun-ah, I reminded myself. I walked away after our conversation ended, tears won’t stop flowing, I tried my best to control but it was out of my control.

When I think of past, I could see myself trying hard to save our relation, Tae was a jolly guy but when it comes to our relation, he would always try to act mature and never share about his troubles, this was the main problem. He would always try to protect me by carrying all the burdens himself but this isn’t the definition of relationship I know, I want both of us to depend on each other, help each other rise by sharing the burden. I wanted to know everything about him, not only his happy moments but also all the problems he is facing. But I can’t keep on thinking about past when I have everything I wanted in the present.

It’s been a week and Jungkook is going to return today, Tae moved out a day after our conversation, he said that he had bought an apartment near our office. I was excited for Jungkook’s return, I kept on calling him but he wasn’t picking the phone. I tried to call his manager just to hear, “He is sleeping”

It was odd, whenever there was outdoor shoot, Jungkook would run back to my house as soon as they land but this wasn’t the case this time, I was the one who was waiting for him.

I kept on waiting for whole day but he didn’t come to visit, it was 7 in the evening when the doorbell rang. My mood was off now, he landed 12 hours ago and he comes to meet me at this time, I opened the door and saw him in black suit, “Why are you wearing a suit, did you go for funeral?” I asked forgetting all the anger I was holding. I could see that he was sad, his eyes were swollen, clearly showing that he was crying.

“Sohyun-ah, Mang Tae is no more.” He hugged me and cried on my shoulder. I was completely shocked, I could not believe this, I softly rubbed his back trying to console him, but I could only think of how IU must be feeling, first the scandal and now the demise of her boyfriend.

After he calmed down for a bit, we went inside, “What exactly happened, can you tell me?”

“When we arrived there, I remembered about Mang Tae, I insisted on meeting him and after unlimited requests, IU agreed. I wanted to buy a gift for him, so we went to buy a gift, that’s when paparazzi snapped our photo together. But later I came to know that he was admitted in the hospital there. It was the main reason why he kept on making excuses to stay there. He was suffering from cancer; it was too late when he got diagnosed. I felt guilty of not knowing his situation, I was guilty of being happy when he was suffering so much” He broke in tears again.

“Kookie, he didn’t tell you about his condition as he knew that you would be like this, you should stop crying and be strong. I think IU must suffering a lot, you need to help her, you are her only friend.” I know I get jealous when they are together but this wasn’t the time to be jealous, she really needs a friend by her side at this part of her life. I wanted to give her a shoulder to cry but we aren’t that close, we have met only for once or twice, it wouldn’t be a good idea for me to interfere in her life.

My mom who was taking nap in her room came out after hearing his sniffles, I signaled her to go back and as expected she didn’t say a word but turned back toward her room.

Jungkook was showing no signs of stopping, he kept on crying and all I could do was rub his back.

“Yah- What are you two doing here?” I was woken up by my mom’s shout, I don’t know when we fell asleep on the sofa and he was leaning weakly on my shoulder while I was suffering neck cramp. He quickly sat straight when he saw me in pain.

“Sohyun-ah, is your neck okay?” He questioned when he saw me making faces.

“I think, a bag of stone was leaning on my shoulder for whole night” I joked and this was the first time I am seeing him smile after his return.

“I am sorry, my Baby Bear” he stood up and start massaging my neck while mom smilingly went to kitchen.

I could see his gloomy face, “Do you know, I missed you so much?” I tried to lift his mood; I was partially successful as his face became a bit brighter.

“I missed you more” he replied and kissed me on my forehead then continued, “I was really worried when those pictures came online, my manager hyung was told to not let me use my phone, I could only think of how you must be feeling…” I cut him short.

“I trust you, I know you will never do anything that would hurt me” he smiled and hugged me while my mom cleared her throat just to remind her presence.

I had lot of things to share but his gloomy face clearly showed it wasn’t the right time.