Chapter 6

Taehyung's POV

College, then to school, back home, and then back to college—it became my daily routine. Jennie kept insisting I head straight home, but the thought of Sohyun and Lucas together made me feel sick. It was better to go to school and walk with her back home.

I tried every possible way to indirectly ask Sohyun about Lucas, but the more I asked, the more agitated I became. She never seemed to tire of boasting about him. Are they really in a relationship? It seems like they are, but why can't I stop loving her? The more I see her, the more I fall for her. But when I don't see her, I feel as if my chest is empty, my heart numb.

Days turned into weeks, and finally, it was D-Day for the competition. I could feel my nerves getting the best of me as I waited for them in the allocated green room.

"Hey! Why are you so nervous? It's not like you're the one dancing," Lucas appeared out of nowhere and struck up a conversation with me. As time passed, we got somewhat comfortable with each other, but it was nothing like friendship. I could never truly be friends with my crush's boyfriend.

"Don't act like we're close," I coldly replied, feeling a surge of jealousy.

"Yah! Kim Taehyung, that was rude," Jennie smacked my head from behind.

"Aish! How dare you hit your own brother? Do you have a death wish?" I retorted, but I lowered my voice when I saw Sohyun walking towards us.

I stepped forward to greet her, but before I could say anything, Lucas swiftly interjected, "You look pretty in that dress. Are you confident for the performance?"

It felt like my heart was being stabbed a thousand times. Why was I always so slow, and why was this guy so fast? Internally cursing myself, I managed to smile at her, "Thank you for the compliment, but I'm quite nervous about the performance."

This time, I didn't want my words to be stolen. I quickly positioned myself in front and spoke, "No need to worry. You were taught by the world's best dancer. I know you can do it."

Sohyun nodded, giving me an awkward glance, but I could see Rose and Lisa, who had just entered the room, giggling.

"Anyways, best of luck to all of you. Do your best! And yes, I want a treat if you win the competition," I joked.

"Okay... Okay... Our dance teacher really deserves a treat," Lisa replied playfully.

"What about me? I was the vitamin," Lucas chimed in, poking his head into the conversation.

Instead of answering, all of us burst into laughter. This guy really had a nice sense of humor.

Time skipped...

"Cheers to our victory!" we cheered as we headed out to celebrate. As I reminded them about the treat, yes! They won the dance competition. Sohyun wouldn't stop smiling, and I couldn't stop staring at her.

We went out for dinner as per the deal.

"Order anything you want," Jennie said, her face uncontrollably smiling.

We placed our orders and started eating, talking about various things. Jennie couldn't contain her happiness, talking about her experience on stage. Lucas and Sohyun seemed to be in their own world, which left me a bit disappointed. Suddenly, I blurted out, "You all should invite me to your wedding, especially Sohyun and Lucas."

This statement made the atmosphere awkward. Sohyun and Lucas stared at each other, eyebrows raised, while Jennie asked, "What do you mean?"

"Lucas and Sohyun are in a relationship, right?" I asked, feeling a mix of embarrassment and anticipation.

They all burst into laughter. No one explained the joke to me, but I could sense I had said something wrong. Finally, Jennie managed to speak, suppressing her laughter, "Who told you they are in a relationship? They're cousins!"

"What?" I was shocked, but internally, I was overjoyed. It was the best news I could have hoped for. They continued to laugh while I felt embarrassed. I mentally made a note to have a serious conversation with Jimin when I got back to the dorm. I thought of a thousand and one ways to get back at him.

Now, I had made up my mind to approach Sohyun. I liked her, and I had decided I wanted to be with her until the end of the world. Even the thought of her being away from me seemed like a disaster.