Final

FIVE YEARS LATER

Sohyun's POV

Sitting in front of the laptop, I was trying my best to complete my work, script. It's been five years; I haven't visited Korea nor met with any of my friends there. Mom kept on getting worried about me so; I brought her with me after I got settled here and came to know my life was going to change.

I got a job here and I started writing again. I now know why I like writing so much; it helps me escape from reality. My real life is full of mess, I am a coward who can't face a single obstacle but I can be the one I like in my story, I can create characters as I want and the most favorite part is I can decide the ending.

However, a certain part of me still misses him. Through news I came to know that Jungkook and IU got married and had a baby boy, I am relieved to know that he is happy but I am not able to hear any news about the one I miss. I want to tell him about the blessing he had given to me but I am scared to that he may not accept him. Am I being too cruel to the little one by making him go on my path?

Author's POV

"Taehyung, I have prepared for everything for you meeting in Paris, you have 9 pm flight tonight." Jimin walked into Taehyung's office.

Taehyung was sitting on his chair lost in some thoughts, the eye bags under his eyes showed that he didn't sleep for months. It's been five years but he didn't give up, he kept on searching for her, he even hired the best detective in Seoul for her but he was not able to find a clue about her. Mrs. Kim was the only one who knew about Sohyun's whereabouts but she secretly left a month after Sohyun's departure.

Taehyung didn't leave a single stone unturned and finally after two years of searching her, his detective told him that some of his man has seen Sohyun in Paris. He immediately told his assistant to prepare his trip to Paris.

"Taehyung?..." Jimin called again to get his attention.

"Uhh?" Taheyung replied getting out of his thoughts.

"Your flight is at 9pm tonight" Jimin repeated.

"Thanks bro, I need to do the packing so please help me with the office works." Taehyung stood up from his chair and walked out of office. Even with his shabby looks girls didn't stop falling for him; Jimin could not help but get worried about his friend as Taehyung completely changed after Sohyun left.

On the other hand, in a large study room, Jungkook was standing in front of the book shelf; he took out his diary and flipped the page. It had Sohyun's picture, he smiled remembering those memories and the next page had her letter for him, the last letter from Sohyun,

Dear Jungkook,

Did you know that you are the kindest being on earth? If you don't then I am telling you now, you are the kindest person I have ever met. Ah, I forgot to mention you are also the most handsome. I am sorry for hurting you, for not trusting you and for not giving you the chance to explain.

IU is a very nice girl, moreover, you will leave no holes in fulfilling your promise to your best friend but I know how difficult it is to live a life without a father and I don't want that child to go through the same path just because of me.

I want you to help IU raise the child, when you get this letter I will not be here anymore but will happily watch the news of you getting discharged, married and finally becoming a responsible father.

Let's be friends forever, Sohyun.

"You are reading this again?" IU spoke from behind.

"Just looking back makes me realize how mature Sohyun was and how immature I was. It also makes me realize that she was the kindest soul I have ever met." Jungkook stated proudly while pushing his diary back to the shelf.