Chapter 24

Sohyun’s POV

I woke up early, to be honest I wasn’t able to sleep a blink and the sun showed its face, it’s been a year since his last confession and yesterday he approached once again but it was different from last time. This time he sounded very serious, I felt as if I am going to lose a good friend. I walked down the lane to college; I still stay at my home since it is near. On my way, I kept on thinking about Jungkook and how should I talk to him. I don’t want to go in front of him, I don’t want to tell him that I can’t accept him and I still have Tae in my heart but I don’t want to lose him, he is a nice guy with good heart.

I want to tell him to find a girl who would love him whole-heartedly, there are many girls approaching him and some are in love with him to the extent where they can pluck the stars for him. And I really believe he deserves someone better.

I didn’t realize I have already reached college until Lucas called me from the back, “Sohyun-ah, good morning”

“Good morning but nothing is good in this morning”

“Why? Have you thought of answer for Jungkook?”

“This is what I am thinking this all time; do you think he will stop being my friend if I reject him?”

“Why are you saying that? Don’t you know how he is? He is never the type to put his love in between friendship. But you need to think about him, you need to move on and you cannot keep on thinking past.”

“I think you are right.” Class started, it was English the only class I have with Jungkook, I waited for him, I don’t have any word to explain why I waited for him and after few minutes Jungkook and others entered the class but nothing was same he didn’t sit next to me, he always sits next to me but this time RM came towards me and greeted me.

Jungkook also greeted me but he didn’t sound warm, I kept on eying him and he kept of dodging my stares. I couldn’t give my full attention to the class and I kept on turning to Jungkook, I could see him fully focused in lecture.

I know that he have sensed my stares but he didn’t turn towards me and this kind of made me feel cold. The class ended, he I quickly followed him “Why are you ignoring me?”

“I am not ignoring you” his reply was straight but it failed to convince me.

“I know that you are ignoring me, you told me that we would be friends even if it don’t go well, were all those talks a lie?” this made him stand still, I also stopped with him.

“I am trying to be JUST FRIENDS with you” he stopped for few seconds to see my confused face and continued, “The more I stay with you the more I fall for you, I want to be a friend, your friend and to do so I need to make my feelings for you to vanish.”

I was completely shocked; I didn’t know what to say.

“See you at lunch, I have class” I watched him walk away. My chest felt numb, I didn’t know why I am getting troubled when he ignores me. It should not matter to me but why am I being this way?

“You like him,” I turned to see RM standing behind me.

“Let’s go to canteen and talk” He started dragging me.

“We have class”

“Let’s skip today, we don’t get certificate for 100% attendance.” I followed him without any further complains.

We chose a table at the corner after picking some snacks from the counter.

“Okay, let me continue, you like Jungkook right?”

“No, I don’t. I can’t think of any other to replace Tae.”

“Listen to me carefully, Jungkook and I have been together since primary school, I know him very well he had never been in love and you are the first one. He won’t ever hurt you and he is been after you for a year now please think about him you know the pain of love.”

“But I still love Tae”

“Are you convincing me or yourself? When Jungkook ignores you why does it matter to you, if you don’t have anything for him then let him leave, you don’t lack friends.”

I didn’t have the reply for his questions moreover they made me think more about myself. Am I lying to myself? I took out my phone just to see Tae and my picture as lock screen wallpaper. I wanted to change it for a long time but my mind wasn’t ready but this time I changed it. I will try to move on with the nicest guy I know.

I took no time to get up, “What class do Jungkook have?”

RM was shocked to hear that but managed to reply, “He is at basketball court, he doesn’t have any class he lied to you.”

I headed to out of the canteen and I could hear RM shouting “GOOD LUCK”. I arrived there running and as soon as I spotted him sitting at the bench, I could no longer care about the girls who were sitting one row behind enjoying his view.

I stood in front of him catching my breath, “I …I need to talk to you” I could hear the girls whispering at the back but I totally ignored them. But Jungkook didn’t question instead stood up and walked outside. He seemed cold but I followed him.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“You told me you had a class, was your class a date with those girls?”

“No, I am sorry I lied to you about my class but it’s all because I got embarrassed after confessing.”

“Will you confess once more? Who knows I may give you a positive answer.”

“Really? I like you Kim Sohyun” he didn’t let me answer him and confessed without taking any time.

“It’s been a year and I still can’t forget Tae, he will always be my first love but I want to give you a chance to make me fall in love with you, will you accept me of who I am?”

He happily hugged me and said, “Sohyun-ah, I will never leave you nor let you leave me”