Chapter 4

Sohyun's POV

Familiar with Jennie's house, I led the way. "Wow, never thought we would practice in such a large hall!" Lisa exclaimed.

"True, Jennie is really something else," Rose added.

Jennie soon joined us, and we began deciding on the song we would perform when Taehyung entered. As soon as he stepped inside, our eyes met, and he kept on eyeing me. All I could do was ignore his stares.

"Okay! It's final, we are going to perform 'How You Like That' by BlackPink," Jennie announced, and I could see Taehyung nodding in agreement.

"First, you all need to warm up," Taehyung spoke while walking towards us.

My heart skipped a beat. He was undeniably handsome. The way he brushed his hair as soon as he stood up made my heart flutter. He went to the front and demonstrated some warm-up steps. Lisa caught on quickly, and I have to admit, I struggled a bit. I'm not as quick at learning steps as they are.

I was having a tough time learning from Jennie; all she did was laugh whenever I made a mistake. From the corner of my eye, I saw Taehyung walking towards us. It took everything in me to stand straight and not blush.

"Jennie-ah, I can help her," Taehyung volunteered to teach me, surprising me.

"Okay," Jennie agreed, even as I held onto her hands, silently pleading for her not to leave us alone. I guess she wanted me to have a heart attack.

"How old are you?" That question caught me off guard. I didn't expect him to ask my age directly.

"It's rude to ask a girl her age. Instead, teach me the steps," I mustered the courage to reply.

"Never mind, I know I am older than you, so call me Oppa," he said, sounding shameless yet somehow cute.

"I am not calling you Oppa," I replied with a smile.

"Why? Are you older than me?"

"Is Jennie older than you?"

"Okay... okay... It's all her fault," I heard him mutter to himself, making me smile. But I quickly composed myself.

"Aren't you going to help me with the steps?"

"After we finish talking," he said, leaving me wondering what he meant. Before I could say more,

"Yah! Will you both stop talking and start practicing?" Jennie shouted at us, making us both giggle.

We practiced, and the choreography was almost finished when Rose said, "Let's continue tomorrow, I need to go home." Jennie also agreed; it was getting late, and darkness had settled outside.

"Rose and Lisa, you live in the same direction, right?" Jennie asked them.

"Yes, we're neighbors," Lisa answered cheerfully, her energy infectious.

"Sohyun-ah, Taehyung and I are going to drop you off. Is that okay?" I nodded in agreement.

"But wait, I have homework," Jennie suddenly spoke after seeing off Lisa and Rose.

"I don't think we have any homework."

"You don't, but I do."

"We're in the same class. Which teacher gave you extra homework, Jennie-ah?"

"It's just that I have a stomachache," she suddenly sat down. I was shocked by her sudden change.

"If you don't want to drop me, just say so. I can go alone," I said, feeling hurt that she was pretending to be unwell just to avoid dropping me.

"Don't worry, Jennie-ah. I'll drop her," I heard Taehyung interrupt, and Jennie left us, bidding me goodbye and giving Taehyung a death glare.

"It's okay, I'll go alone. I'm not that weak," I said, trying to be strong.

"No, I can't leave a pretty girl to walk alone. Who knows what might happen," Taehyung said, and my heart skipped a beat. He called me pretty. I couldn't believe it. I felt myself blushing, thankful that the darkness hid my cheeks.

"You didn't eat dinner, right?" he asked, and I nodded.

"Let's eat dinner. I need to head back to the dorm, and the canteen will be closed. I don't want to sleep on an empty stomach," he spoke with his husky voice and gave me a boxy smile. I nodded once again.

"Why don't you talk to me?" he suddenly stopped and turned towards me.

"What do you want me to talk about?"

"You really leave me speechless," he said, making a weird face.

I couldn't hold back my laughter.

"You look better when you laugh," he said.

"You look better when you make weird faces," I teased back, trying to keep my composure.

"You mean you like my weird face more than this handsome face? You're really one of a kind. No one in this world is going to say this face is ugly," he said confidently, teasing me.

"What a confident guy," I teased him back.

"Friends?" he suddenly brought his hand up.

I was taken aback by his sudden gesture, but I was quick to respond, "Okay."

We ate dinner and talked, getting to know a lot about each other. I learned that he was studying business to take over his family's business, while I shared my dreams of becoming a lawyer to help people in need.

I never knew that time would seem so short when you're with someone interesting. The evening flew by, and before I knew it, it was time to say goodbye.