Chapter 20

Lucas came back holding his phone, “Jennie wants to talk with you…” I nodded while receiving his phone while he walked back to complete his works.

Jennie: Are you okay? I was really worried. Tell me what happened between you and Kim Taehyung? He isn’t saying anything and most of the time seems lost and you know what he even agreed to marry my dad’s best friend’s daughter.

I could not believe what I was hearing, I thought everything between us would be sorted if we take time and talk with each other but what should I do now when there is no turning back.

Jennie: Are you listening to me?

Me: Yes, we broke up… before I could complete Jennie shouted as the peak of her voice.

Jennie: WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY ‘WE BROKE UP’? HOW DARE HE NOT SAY A WORD ABOUT THIS? I should have known when he agreed to marry Jisoo. Sohyun-ah I will talk to him he won’t dare to hurt my best friend like this.

Me: Jennie-ah don’t, please don’t force him to come to me and you know me, I do believe in destiny. I think we are not destined for each other, my love wasn’t enough for him and I am warning you not tell a word about this to him. I want to end everything, I want him to be happy and if he is happy without me I am fine with that.

Jennie: Yah- Kim Sohyun listen to me it isn’t the time to sacrifice and back off, I can clearly see that both of you aren’t happy without each other…

Me: Jennie stop, I don’t want to hear anything and I promise it won’t affect our friendship. I am not feeling do well, I am cutting the call and let’s talk tomorrow, bye.

I didn’t wait to hear her reply; I cut the call and got under the blanket and shedded as many tears as I could, I wanted the memories to flow out with those tears but the more I cry the more I remember his face, smile and talks.

“Sohyun-ah, are you crying again? Yah- stop crying if not doctors would think that I must have done something to you”

“Don’t joke with me I am in a serious mood” I replied in between sobs.

“Do you think I would be joking to you when you are lying on the hospital bed?”

I wiped my tear before uncovering the blanket, “Don’t tell this to anyone” I warned him.

“Sohyun-ah, I am really worried about you but I think Taehyung have a big reason of leaving you.”
“Lucas, don’t try to console me and for your kind information your Hyung is going to get married. I think he left me as he didn’t intend to have a life with me, maybe all his talks were a lie” my tears gland got activated once again and I was trying my best to not let them out.

“Still, he…” he suddenly stopped talking, his face was showing some weird expression and he acted as if he has committed a crime.

“Why did you stop talking in between?”

“No, nothing I want to tell that he must be having a really big reason to leave the one whom he loves the most in the world.”

“Why do I feel like you know something?”

“No,…i..It’s n..not like that”

“If it isn’t like that then why are you stammering?”

“I need to use washroom, I will be back in a moment”

“Wait, Yah- Lucas”, he went running without turning back. What did he mean by that? He must be acting in support of him since he didn’t hear what he told me. If he had heard those words with his own ears, I bet he is going to faint with shock.

I waited for him to come back so we could leave together but he was showing no signs of returning and in the end I got a text message that he is waiting outside with taxi and even adding to hurry up.

“Directly to you home right?” Lucas turned to me when I got on the Taxi.

“No, I was to enjoy, celebrate my recovery” but deep inside I wanted to forget my pain, I really needed a distraction right now, I can’t keep on living with his memories.

Lucas didn’t say anything but asked the driver to head towards nearby karaoke, I think Lucas understands me more than anyone in this world and I like the way he is being on my side.

*****

I know this story is taking a sad turn but keep reading it, there won’t be a rainbow without a little rain 🌈🌈🌈and what do you think about Lucas? Is he hiding something? How did he know that Sohyun fainted at bus station?🧐🧐🧐

Moreover, from next chapter I am going to introduce a new character

Sorry for too much of spoiler today🤭🤭🤭🤐🤐🤐