An Honest Talk

Midoriya woke up in the hospital, and for a moment, he forgot why.

He wasn't injured during the battle. It couldn't be. He was pretty sure he'd killed Chisaki and then fled from the scene. So what happened to him?

It took him a while to process it, and he almost tried asking one of the nurses, only to snap back into thought as his memories returned.

"Did you need something?" The nurse had asked, concerned. "Does your head hurt?" Midoriya had waved her off, apologizing. She gave him one final concerned glance before smiling and walking off, leaving Midoriya alone as he stared at the wall before him.

He'd broken an arm and fractured his ankle, but other than that, the doctor said that he was fine. He would be released in an hour or so, but he'd have to have checkups done, which they said would be done by Recovery Girl considering she has enough of a medical degree to take care of her students on a hospital level.

Anyways, he was left off the hook fairly easily. That is, until his teacher came along and decided to give him a visit.

"Midoriya?" Knocking, his teacher opened the door, startling Midoriya.

"Mr. Aizawa, hello." Midoriya greeted, smiling sheepishly. "Sorry you have to see me here again."

"I admit I was hoping to see you in a better state than this," Aizawa stated, pursing his lips as he examined Midoriya, "but I'm sure with Recovery Girl's help you'll be up in no time."

"She's a savior, really. I'm glad she agreed to treat me." Midoriya said with a smile. Aizawa nodded in response, but Midoriya quickly realized Aizawa wasn't here just for idle chit-chat.

"I was hoping you could help us with something." The hero started, walking up to him and sitting down at the chair beside his hospital bed. "We couldn't contact any of your family members. My condolences for your mother, however, your father isn't responding to our calls." Aizawa bowed his head slightly in apology at the mention of his deceased mother, and Midoriya nodded slightly.

Well this isn't good.

"No worries. I don't know why he's not answering, but he quite frequently goes abroad. I stay with someone else whenever he's away, I can contact them." Aizawa nodded slowly.

"We were hoping you'd give us their phone number as a second contact. We put it up as optional when you enrolled, but judging from the situation, it might be necessary when it comes to you." Aizawa sighed and leaned back in his chair. "We can't go around asking the students for someone to come pick them up when they get injured every time, I'm sure you understand. That's the whole reason for the phone number of a family member slot in the documents."

"Yeah, I understand, sorry." Midoriya felt his whole being heat up. One wrong step and he was bound to raise some eyebrows, like he had many times before. "I don't remember the phone number by heart, though. I'm terribly sorry about that."

"Listen, this is a one time offer, and don't think I'll let this slide again," Aizawa started, rubbing the back of his neck and taking a deep breath, "but I'll take you home this once. Under the circumstances, you can't be let off without an adult, and for the moment I can take responsibility for you."

"That would be of great help!" Midoriya quickly nodded. "I'm terribly sorry to burden you with this, but if you could...if that's actually something you're willing to do, I'd be endlessly grateful." Aizawa nodded, standing up from his seat.

"Did the doctors give you the crutches?" Midoriya nodded, glancing at the crutches on the other side of his bed as a sign. Aizawa nodded in return. "Alright then. I believe no one's brought you any extra clothing, so you're going to have to go in that. At the very least it's clean now." Midoriya nodded slowly, pursing his lips. His hero costume hung on a hanger on the wall beside his bed, now clean. No stains whatsoever. No one asked about them, either.