An Unpleasant Welcome

Midoriya came on time, just like he promised, but if there was one thing he didn't expect, it was the news he was given when he arrived at the bar.

"Stain?" Midoriya hissed under his breath, "Hero Killer Stain is coming over?"

"Yeah," Tomura snapped back, elbowing him in his ribs to get him away from his ear, "and you're gonna shut up and be intimidating with your expression. I swear, if you say a goddamn word–"

"I won't," Midoriya scoffed to himself, calming down his panic, "trust me, that's not something on my to-do list." Tomura scoffed back, folding his arms on his chest as he shifted on his spot. The two of them were standing together, Midoriya looking more like some weak-ass bodyguard while Tomura stood tall, almost four inches taller than Midoriya, with a creepy hand on his face covering up most of his features.

Midoriya still couldn't get himself to question whose it was or if it was just decor, but to be honest, he would've rather kept the truth unknown.

Kurogiri was in an unknown location, negotiating with Stain (Tomura had received a coded text from Kurogiri), and Midoriya and Tomura stood next to each other warily as they waited for the encounter.

A minute passed, and just as Tomura had started cursing to himself (whether in annoyance or nervousness, Midoriya couldn't be sure), the warp portal opened up, and a slouched, slender figure stepped out, narrow red eyes landing immediately on the two before him.

"Stain." Was all Tomura greeted with. At that moment, Midoriya was endlessly grateful that he was told not to say anything, because the pressure on his chest from the horrifying aura was enough to suffocate the scream inside him. He looked more disgusting than he was scary, so why did he feel this tremble in his body?

"You're Tomura Shigaraki, right?" Stain snarled, scanning Tomura as if he was looking more repellent than himself. Tomura seemed to notice because his glare sharpened, and he clenched his fists by his sides.

"I don't like this guy." He snarled aloud, turning toward Kurogiri. Midoriya couldn't help but agree, but the way Tomura said it had him feeling more repulsion towards him than Stain. He snapped his head towards Tomura, but before he could say anything, Kurogiri explained what Midoriya wanted to say for him.

"Stain is a valuable asset, Tomura. We can't possibly–"

"Tell me," Stain interrupted, clearly not looking forward to getting his time wasted, "what is your goal?" Tomura turned back towards him, eyes narrowed in annoyance. However, as he processed the question, his expression shifted into a more pleased one, as if he'd been waiting for this question to be asked by someone for a while now.

"My goal—our goal—is to take down the Symbol of Peace." He announced proudly. Midoriya rubbed his arm, a habit that had formed ever since he got the scar from Tomura, and watched Stain warily. He had a feeling something was off about what Tomura said because Stain's expression didn't anyhow change into one of less anger or more validation.

As a matter of fact, Midoriya could've sworn it turned darker.

"I was foolish to be interested," He glowered, "you're the type of person I hate most."

"Huh?" Tomura seemed taken aback, and Midoriya grit his teeth as he watched Stain get into an attacking stance. Not a good sign.

"What meaning is there in killing without conviction?"

"I want to destroy things that shouldn't be here. Things, and people, I hate. All Might is one of them. From where I'm standing, that's conviction alright." Tomura snarled, taking the hand off his face as he set it down at the table. He cracked his knuckles. An even worse sign, Midoriya quickly realized.