Unsuspecting

"Settle in." Aizawa snapped loudly, trying to get his students on the bus as the first years of the hero course prepared for the long, upcoming ride.

They were going to go outside the city for a base of a hero team, the name of which only Midoriya and the teachers knew, and everyone was a little too excited for their own good. They were chatting loudly, some of the students of class B and A mixing with each other, therefore messing up the order, and Midoriya felt a little overwhelmed.

Especially since he knew that their supposed fun, new way to learn, would actually end up as another trip to hell. Of course, he kept that to himself, not that he had anyone else to share it with even if he wanted to.

Iida and Todoroki sat together, and Ochaco sat with Asui after giving Midoriya a nervous, almost apologetic wave as she realized he was sitting alone. Midoriya didn't mind the situation, but it was kind of agitating how he appeared as the loner of the class. A few of his classmates also seemed confused as to how that happened, but were also wary of him enough to not try and be friendly by sitting next to him.

He shouldn't have even hoped for someone to sit next to him. Goodness, it would've been so much easier if he would've just been left alone. But, of course, there was no way that was an option.

Katsuki Bakugo, seemingly out of nowhere, slipped into the seat beside him. Midoriya could've sworn his whole world could just end there and he wouldn't be as surprised as he was now.

"Uh," Midoriya called out quietly as Bakugo buckled up the waist-level seat belt, "Kacchan?"

"Don't call me that, shit-nerd." Bakugo snarled, acknowledging him. So he knew he was sitting next to him. This wasn't a mistake.

Midoriya was doomed.

"There are other places you can sit." Midoriya offered hesitantly. Bakugo turned towards him to glare menacingly.

"Are you telling me I'm stupid?" He snarled lowly, his eyes glaring daggers into his skull.

"I never said that." Midoriya rubbed his temple and simply turned his head towards the window, deciding to try and keep contact to a minimum. As he expected, that's now what Bakugo was here for.

"So?" Bakugo snapped. Midoriya turned towards him, his expression exasperated.

"So?" He snapped back half-heartedly. Bakugo quirked an eyebrow at him, kicking him a little too roughly for Midoriya's taste, in the leg.

"The fuck is up with you?" Bakugo snarled. Midoriya scoffed, smirking to himself unenthusiastically.

"Almost makes it sound like you care." Midoriya commented. Bakugo kicked him again, and as Midoriya attempted to kick back, he was kicked even harder. He decided against doing anything else, cursing to himself and turning back towards the window in the most unwelcoming way possible. Not that Bakugo cared, obviously.

"You come to UA with a fucking hyped-up quirk, spewing bullshit about being a hero, suddenly fucking back-stabbing me and turning me into a decoy, fighting with your only friendly classmates in your entire lifespan, and acting like you're a cool kid all of a sudden. Lone fucking alpha male." Bakugo ranted before narrowing his eyes.

Midoriya kept glaring through the window, his body tensing. The blond leaned forward, keeping his voice hushed but loud enough he knew it would stress the other male out,

"And then, you're also suddenly getting into hero-trouble in another city, taking down villains and then running away like a goddamn vigilante. Damn weird, don't you think? Pretty worth questioning."

Midoriya snapped his head as Bakugo retreated from his ear, crossing his arms on his chest, side-glaring at him in warning. Midoriya grit his teeth.

"They told you about it." Midoriya grumbled, clenching his fists as his eyes snapped towards the direction he knew the two traitorous males were sitting in.