Izuku Midoriya and his Awaited Reunion

Izuku Midoriya sat up slowly as he turned off the alarm clock on his phone.

"Shut that thing up, twerp..." One of the guys from the futon next to him groaned as he rolled onto his other side, stuffing his face into the pillow. Midoriya sighed quietly in response, lingering a little on the floor as he scanned the still foreign to him room. It felt cold to him, and he couldn't blame the atmosphere due to who the other children in this place were, but he wished they could be a little more welcoming and appreciating of him and each other.

It's been three months since he was sent to a foster care. The reason for that was that his mother, Inko Midoriya, died.

His mom died in a car accident. Another car ended up driving at the wrong side of the road and crashed right into her, taking away her life in what the doctors told him was an instant. in Both his mother and the driver of the car ended up dying, both cars exploding, and there was barely any chance to retrieve both of their remains.

They ended up burying Inko in a closed off coffin, and Izuku was partially thankful he was too stunned to process anything during her burial.

Midoriya shook his head, because the last thing he wanted was to have another crying fit and to ruin his day with it. He'd done that too many times.

Midoriya took a deep breath and stroked back his curly dark green locks, only for them to pop back into place. He slowly and quietly reached for the trash bag with his belongings, changing his into his casual clothes, before tiptoeing towards the door.

He began to open the door, but it creaked dreadfully, the wood old and worn and lose on its rusted hinges. Midoriya's heart clenched and his breath hitched, listening to the ringing silence warily for any footsteps. He remembered the last time he had left without permission—he'd been threatened to have his outside time taken away completely if he didn't comply to the foster home's rules, and Izuku had swore to himself to die rather than get caught again.

But right now, he needed to breathe. A little fresh air cleared the mind, and he needed a clear mind to start the day, or else it was going to be an endless loop of gray and gloomy faces, and he couldn't handle that anymore.

Midoriya loved the outdoors. Being outside made him calmer, helped the restrained feeling he felt within the four walls and fences of the foster home. They all had a limited time he could be outside, and yet, they were still refrained from being let outside the foster's grounds. The staff was overworked enough to have to watch over kids that could at any time jump over the fence and escape the place, Izuku understood that much.

Despite hating the place he was trapped in, he knew there was no way he would be able to make it outside of those walls without help of an adult, and he wasn't exactly the most athletic to run away from the guards sitting here and there around the areas to prevent intruders (while secretly preventing them from leaving also). And besides, his father should come for him soon.

Hisashi Midoriya.

Hisashi Midoriya worked abroad, as his mother had told him during his childhood. However, after Inko's death, Midoriya was given the news that he came to Musutafu and wanted to take Izuku under his custody. For some unknown reason, Hisashi had trouble with taking him under his custody, and despite Midoriya feeling impatient, he felt glad enough that the process was going.

Too bad it was taking too long. those three months that had already passed were making him feel worse by the day, and he could've sworn his body felt heavy despite the small amount of the foster home's plain food he ate.

Midoriya had managed to slip outside, and he gazed at the sun, his eyes burning as he adjusted to the clearing sky. It was definitely a sating feeling, and his lungs felt less restricted as he took a deep breath, closing them and sitting down on the bench, letting his head rest against the wall behind him.