Midoriya's Choice and Consequenes

Midoriya and Tomura didn't talk for the whole next day, and Hisashi left early in the morning, not intersecting with them either. Midoriya had been contemplating his decisions and their pros and cons, but he'd ended up realizing he might just be going with the decision that would be the riskiest, rather than the one best for him. He could only hope that this wouldn't backfire in some way he couldn't possibly expect.

The three of them, as per usual, sat together at the table for dinner. Tomura had cooked their food beforehand.

"I...I thought about what you said." Midoriya started, poking his food. Hisashi set down his chopsticks, waiting for him to continue. His soft smile didn't falter, and Midoriya felt his throat go dry. He believed that smile, but he wondered what would happen to it and how he would be treated once he made his decision.

"I...I want to help. You, Tomura, and the organization." Midoriya stated. It wasn't confident, but Hisashi didn't seem to mind as he nodded. Tomura let out a silent sigh of relief.

"I'm glad, Izuku. Although we couldn't have expected to see each other in such a different light from something other than father and son, I believe this is going to be successful." Midoriya attempted a smile, averting his eyes. So far, his tone wasn't changing, and he was glad for that much.

"Alright," Hisashi stated as he picked up his chopsticks, "let's talk, then."

***

It took about ten minutes, but once Hisashi had finished explaining everything, Midoriya couldn't believe there was so much more to the organization and his plan than could be seen on the surface.

"S-so, basically," Midoriya stuttered out, hesitating as he tried to process and repeat the information, "your quirk and villain name is All for One. Due to one of the many quirks you obtained, you have been living for two-hundred or so years. One for All, the quirk which All Might has, had been passed on from generations as a...sort of like a mutilated quirk, stockpiling the quirks of its users."

"Yes, that much is correct." Hisashi nodded, patting Midoriya on the shoulder as they sat together on the couch, having left their dinner on the table. Tomura had quietly escaped out of the room, leaving Midoriya and Hisashi to the conversation.

"Um...you have an upgrading quirk, a fire quirk, levitating quirk,"

"You don't have to list all of them, but so far, I'm impressed. You have a good memory." Midoriya blushed, feeling a lot more emotionally vulnerable and therefore more flustered than he should've.

"Not my memory, really...I enjoy observing quirks, so I remember that information better."

"Really now? You've never told me." Hisashi asked, surprised and impressed. Midoriya pursed his lips, averting his eyes.

"Well, yeah." Right as he started speaking, he decided it was better to avoid saying he was more into observing hero quirks than anything else. The thought that he was talking to a villain was still adjusting itself into his mind, but he decided the less he said in total, the better.

"That will be useful, especially considering your upcoming mission." Midoriya turned towards him as Hisashi treated his hand from Midoriya's shoulder.

"Mission?" Midoriya questioned. He knew that he wouldn't be doing anything if he wanted to join the organization, but the vague word was daunting and a black zone out of sight for him. Hisashi smiled at him reassuringly, which he had been doing throughout this whole explanation.

"Yes, although I wouldn't like you to think of it that way. I'm sure despite the seriousness and importance of your role, you'll enjoy it quite a lot." Midoriya was surprised, but he decided not to let himself relax just yet. He had been caught off guard too many times to give himself the luxury of trustingly believing that it wouldn't be too much trouble.