The Aftermath

Bakugo and Midoirya somehow managed to find the exit, but their bodies felt incredibly numb while they could still feel sharp prickling washing over their limbs like a harsh wave with every movement, skin cracking over their hands and face.

The warmth didn't register for a while, and both were gasping and shivering as Midoriya gave in and collapsed on the floor.

"Get the...fuck–" Bakugo couldn't finish his sentence as he himself collapsed on the floor, coughing and wheezing as his body shook like a leaf in the wind. Midoriya grunted as he forced his legs under him, bending his knees while he leaned his forehead against the ground, trying to regain his senses.

He didn't have to go any further. He could just stay here and wait for the attack to end, praying everything would work out in his and the league's favor. So why did he feel just as persistent as Bakugo, possibly even more?

Midoirya focused as much as he could on Bakugo and picked him up with his quirk, the blond gasping and stumbling as he was forced to stand. He practically collapsed again, but he held back, and side-glared at Midoriya as he realized it was his doing.

"Well, get up. You got me up, so get up." Bakugo snapped, trudging towards him tiredly before reaching for his collar, attempting to pull him up only to stagger forward and practically trip onto the ground once again. He grunted out a curse as Midoriya placed his hands under himself, doing his best to focus as he used his quirk to help him partially stand as well. 

He still didn't know how to pick himself up, and it was proving to be a major problem. Although picking up Bakugo took up concentration but barely any effort, from the smallest attempt to even pick up a tenth of his weight, he felt dizzy.

He wished he'd worked on his quirk better. What was all his training in the mornings and afternoons for?

Bakugo grabbed him by his left shoulder with his left hand, partially leaning on him while also balancing the greenette. The two walked, trying to match their footsteps as they heard screams of anger and panic and attacks being thrown about.

They were close. If there was anything they could do, they would do it, but in order for that to happen, they had to be there. Both of them realized that if there was any way to help their situation, they had to be in the center of to know.

They kept walking, Midoriya cursing as he felt his knees buckle under him only for Bakugo to stagger with him but pull him up. A few steps later, Bakugo tripped over Midoirya's foot, and Midroiya yelped as he caught Bakugo with his hands and quirk, before the two once again readjusted to their previous position.

"This is...too slow. Dammit. We're not gonna..." Bakugo snarled, voice hoarse and low. Midoriya gulped heavily, the back of his throat itchy and cold as he let out a shivering breath.

There was something he could do. He didn't want to, but Bakugo was right—they weren't going to get there in time if they were really needed, considering how long they had already left the people who were in the center without aid.

Midoriya gulped. This was a wise decision, but he knew that this was also the coward's way. But he would much rather be a coward than fail knowing he could've done something.

"Kacchan, I don't know how far I can go with this," Midoirya started, inhaling sharply at the pain in his body, "the landing might be rough."

"What landing?" Bakugo snarled back, his voice a whisper as his vocal cords strained to get anything out. Midoriya tried to explain, but there was an inhumane yell thundering from the center, and he realized he didn't have time.

He pursed his lips and looked at Bakugo, focusing.

Bakugo yelped as much as his voice allowed him to as he was lifted above the ground, reaching higher and higher until Midoriya could see that going forward Bakugo wouldn't hit anything, before he moved him quickly toward the center. Bakugo twisted and twirled in the air as Midoriya did his best to focus on him as much as he could, as long as he could, so that he could make it to the center–