UA Hero Academy

Midoriya panted, trying to catch his breath as he clutched at the front of his sweat-soaked shirt, feeling his lungs tighten and whistle as he breathed. He was standing at the door of the apartment of his home, trying to catch his breath—he didn't want to seem exhausted from the morning workouts he had been doing for the past almost half a year, especially with all the new standards he now had to meet.

His quirk, which was now upgraded and on a completely new level, was unbelievably foreign and powerful. Maybe it wasn't the greatest which it could be, as his father had admitted, it was definitely progress from the strain he felt picking up two-kilogram objects before the upgrade.

Now, he could pick up multiple objects weighing more than a grown man (he must admit, he tested his quirk on Tomura and was incredibly amused by the idea of using it on others—Tomura wasn't, though), and the range of his quirk increased significantly. He couldn't control objects he couldn't see, and he needed a few seconds to gain focus, but he was definitely getting better at it.

He was far from done, though. Despite acing the written exam, as well as getting ranked pretty high at the physical exam, and getting a recommendation from Hisashi (his recommendation was still applicable as a person of high level of authority, despite him not being a hero), he still needed to grow into his class, which was the most important mission.

He needed to befriend everyone he could, and he needed to figure out who the successor of One for All was as soon as possible. At that moment, he wished he had a charm, but all he'd felt throughout the morning was gut-churning anxiety at the thought of what was to come in an hour.

Today was his first day in UA, and to say he was anxious was an understatement. Tomura definitely wasn't helping, seeming to not know how nerve-wracking getting accustomed to a new class may be.

"Damn. You smell like a goddamn dog, go take a shower." Tomura greeted him, rubbing his eyes. Midoriya huffed, rolling his eyes.

"I was planning on it, before you decided to rub that in my face." Midoriya smirked at an idea that came to mind in a moment's flash of evil, "or maybe I could just stay like this throughout breakfast to torment you. That seems like a better idea."

"Ew no. Go take a shower." Tomura snarled, scrunching his face in disgust as he hurried towards the living room, waving his hand in front of his nose. Midoriya scoffed, shaking his head to himself as he quickly took off his shoes and hurried towards the shower.

As much as he was teasing Tomura about it, the two of them knew he didn't have the guts to just sit there all sweaty when Hisashi was around to witness it.

Hisashi and Midoriya had gotten a lot closer over those few months, but the formality seemed like something that just was a part of Hisashi's character, even with his son. Despite understanding and not pushing it, he missed the warmth of things like a mother's hug and reassurance. At some point, he realized he sometimes sought it in Tomura, but Tomura rarely did anything to support him, being motherless himself and not having any maternal training for younger half-siblings. Basically, seeking validation was useless, and he did his best to distract himself from that pain of missing those previously familiar things.

He showered quickly, and finally, he dressed in his uniform. It felt weird on him, and his tie wouldn't sit right, but he gave up on fixing it defeatedly before he would start sweating again from the effort. He exited the room and walked towards the living room, smiling as he caught sight of his father already waiting at the table.

"Good morning." Midoriya greeted. Hisashi turned towards him and smiled.

"Good morning, Izuku. Excited for what's to come?" Midoriya chuckled nervously, sitting down across from him. Tomura glared at him, sniffing the air as if still sensing the smell of sweat. Midoriya kicked him under the table, and Tomura kicked him back, clicking his tongue as he stuffed food in his mouth.