Chapter Ten: Back to Ohio

Lexy's P.O.V.

My phone rang. I had received a text message.

From: Stephanie

So you're coming home today! OMG!!!! Yay! I'm decorating your house for a 'Welcome Home' Party!

Oh my God. I had totally forgotten: today is the last day of the week. I would be going back to Ohio in a few hours, but I'm dating Harry, so am I suppose to go or stay?

I replied the text:

To: Stephanie

Actually, I'm not. Since Harry asked me out.

She replied instantly.

From: Stephanie

I know you guys are dating. Its so cute! And I miss you. Please come home.

Then I replied:

To: Stephanie

I'm sorry but I'm staying.

I really wanted to go, but I'm staying. I belong with Harry and the boys. If I leave, what will become of me? She texted back a messsage that stabbed in the heart. I guess I should've said I was coming home. What do I do? I'm so confused.

From: Stephanie

I can't you're doing this to me. After all we've been through. Now you have your boys and you're leaving your girl behind. I thought we were friends...

I replied:

To: Stephanie

We are friends! Don't say that...

And the conversation continued on like this:

From: Stephanie

If you were my friend, you wouldn't do this to me.

To: Stephanie

I'm really sorry.

From: Stephanie

Then come home.

To: Stephanie

I can't. I can't leave the boys. I'm sorry.

From: Stephanie

You've changed, Lexy. What happened to being my bitch? You never texted me this week. You never called. I thought you were my friend. I guess you're not. But if you wanna stay with Harry and the boys. Fine! Just don't bother to come home. I wished I never met you anyway.

And that stabbed me really bad. I didn't want this to happen. But it did. And it hurts.

I threw my iPhone on aside and sat there, crying.

Perrie's P.O.V.

I'm in Zayn's room, making out with him on the bed, when I stopped.

"What Perrie? You don't wanna kiss me?" He asked and made puckered lips. I got up from the bed and stood by the door, trying to listen. "Come on, baby. Give me your face. I wanna suck your lips." He stood up and fell down on the ground. He was obviously drunk.

"Shhh. Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" He slurred.

"That. It sounds like someone's crying."

"Yeah. That's me. I'm begging for your lips."

"Not you, Zayn. I'm talking about out there. Who is that?" I peeked open the door and saw Lexy. "Lexy! Oh my God. Are you okay? Why are you crying, babe?"

"Nothing," she said, with tears streaming from her eyes.

"That doesn't sound like nothing to me." I said and hugged her. "Come on, tell me. What happened?"

"My best friend, Steph. She wants me to come home and... I didn't want to. And now she hates me." She said and sobbed even louder.

"Well, that's not true. She doesn't hate you. She probably misses you."

"She said she wished she never met me."

"Well, you are abandoning her."

"But I don't want to. It's not like I did it on purpose. I want her AND the boys."

"Well, you need to spend some time with her! She really misses you!"

"I know but it's so far away!"

"Doesn't matter the distance! Go! Go see her. You can't abandon your best friends, you know."

"But what about Harry? He will freak out when he finds out I'm missing!"

"Don't worry. Zayn and I will tell Harry where you are. Now go get packed. Your girl misses you."

"Ok."

Lexy's P.O.V.

I'm back at Ohio. And I'm at the airport, waiting for my mom to pick me up. I waited. While I waited, I checked my phone. 1:43 pm. Damn! What's taking her so long?

Then I saw a familiar car pull up, and a woman walked out. It's my mom!

I ran to her, dragging along my suitcase, "Mom!" and we pulled into a hug.

"Lexy! Oh darling! How are you? Did you have fun?"

"I'm great, Mom! And I had so much fun!"

"Well that's fantastic! Now let's get to the car!"

My mom put my suitcase into the car and I got into the passenger seat. "Mom, I have to tell you something!"

She climbed into the driver's seat and said, "Spill it."

"Harry Styles asked me out!"

"Oh my God. I'm so excited for you-"

"And he wants me to stay with him!"

"Oh." She said sadly as we drove on our way home. "Well, I'll let you."

"Yes-"

"But! You only in the summer! When school starts, you're coming back! And the decision is based on what your friend, Steph says."

"Oh yeah. About that..."

"What about that?"

"Me and Steph aren't friends anymore."

"Aww. Why not?" She said as she put her arm around me.

"Mom. Hands on the wheel."

"Sorry." She said and returned to driving. "Now tell me."

"I ditched her plans and she got mad at me."

"Well, anyone would get mad at you!"

"Mom! You're supposed to be listening! Not judging!"

"Sorry. But she is right."

"I know. That's why I'm here. And to get your permission."

We pulled into the driveway of my home. She parked the car and we sat there for a minute and she said, "You have my permission. Now go see her."

"Thanks Mom!" I said as I got out of the car. I ran across the yard and rang her doorbell. Here goes...