Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Rachel's POV

Louis and I wash our hands and sit down at the table. Jay places food on each of our plates and sits down across from Louis. I ask what Jay does for a living and turns out, she's a nurse. Which was very neat as she told us about the hilarious cases she's had with patients. Louis's sisters were excused when Lotte reminded her mother that they were all going to a birthday party. So it was just me, Louis and Jay.

"So how'd you two meet?" She asks me taking a bite of her meatloaf. I smile and explain how Louis was rude at first and Louis chuckled at that. When I finished Jay brought attention onto Louis, "Louis William Tomlinson, why aren't you eating anything?" She asks and I look to his plate. Sure enough, it was still full of food. He looks down blushing. "I can't exactly eat without making a mess, mum..." He mumbles. I smile gently, "Louis, I don't mind. It doesn't matter."

Louis blushes some more. "Can I just take my food up to my room mom?" He asks Jay. She says yes and takes the other plates and starts washing them. Louis and I go upstairs quietly. "I hate eating in front of people. It's like... I make a mess." He sighs sadly. I take the plate from him and push him to sit down. "What are you doing?" He asks confused. I smirk sitting beside him. "If you don't want a mess, I'll just feed you." Louis groans. "I'm not a baby!" He argues. "Well, sucks for you." I say chuckling.

"Now open your mouth before I open it myself." I threaten him and he opens his mouth with a blush. I feed him and a few bites later, Louis bursts out laughing. I chuckle as well. It was pretty funny. "I'm full." Louis announces smiling. "And you didn't make a mess!" I say sarcastically. He rolls his eyes. "Whatever." He murmurs and I set the plate aside. "So what do you want to do?" I ask biting my lip. "Um... We could just... I dunno... Study?"

He asks giggling as I finally remember I'm supposed to be studying with him. "Right." I stand up and grab my bag, pulling out our science books. "Come on." I pull him with me and open up the book. We lay on our stomachs and I explain everything to him and use his hands to feel and such for a long time. "I think I get it!" He says with a victorious smile. "Yes! I think that's enough studying for now." I laugh closing the book and laying it aside.

"... Rachel?" Louis asks biting his bottom lip and turns his face towards me. "Yes?" I ask confused. "Are you dating anyone?" "No." I say shrugging. He smiles lightly, "Have you ever dated anyone?" I nod, "Yes I have." I say sadly remembering Johnny. "What's it like?" Louis asks innocently as he moves to lay on his back, staring at the ceiling in a daze. I copy his action. "Well, if it's a good relationship... Then it's just like being best friends. But you get to hug and kiss and call them yours."

Louis sighs, "I wish I had a girlfriend." I turn my head to stare at his beautiful face and I smile a bit. "You'll have one sometime soon I'm sure." Louis shakes his head, "Rachel, I've never had a girlfriend. I wouldn't even be able to see her... No girl would want to be with me." "Louis... You're so handsome and sweet. If I weren't just your friend, I'd like to date you in a heartbeat." He scoffs turning a light shade of pink, "Your just saying that to be nice." I shake my head, "No I'm not."

"Anyways... Is dating fun?" He asks changing the subject. "I guess." Louis turns his head as well and looks at me even though he probably could only imagine what I look like. "What does hugging, touching and kissing feel like?" He asks intensely. "It's soft. When you really like someone, it's very sweet feeling. But I've never felt sparks like everyone says you get." "Did you love them?" Louis suddenly asks. I furrow my eyebrows, "Who?" "The boys you dated. Were you in love with them?"

He repeats the question. I stare at him bewildered. "I liked them a lot... I guess." He suddenly smirks like he knew something I didn't. "Well, that's why there weren't sparks! You didn't love them so they weren't your soul mate. When you fall in love with your soul mate... And you kiss," Louis pauses. "It's like fireworks go off and all you can think of is how much you love them and would do anything for them. And you dream of your future together. It's the most precious feeling you'll experience."

I frown a bit confused again, "How would you know that, Louis?" I ask. He smiles childishly, "I don't know... That's what I just imagine it being. I've always dreamed of seeing my soul mate and holding her and kissing her. Call me crazy, but I just... I somehow know that if I kissed her, I'd know she's the one." Louis blushes. "You sure are a special gift..." I trail off in wonder. How could such a great guy be cursed with being blind. He had such a joy and love for life... It's unfair. Completely unfair.

I wish Louis wasn't blind. But then again, if he wasn't... What would he be like? "You're perfect." He mumbles. I giggle, "Thank you. But no one is perfect." I sit up and he does as well. "Well, I have to get going before my mother kills me." I say sadly standing up. Louis stays sitting on the edge of the bed. "Okay... But before you go... I want to say thank you. For everything you've been doing. I barely know you and you've already helped me so much."

Louis pauses smiling gently, "You're amazing really... I can't even thank you enough. I don't know how I'm going to repay you or-" I lean down and press my lips to his cheek. "Night Lou." I smile and he gaps, his eyes wide as I leave his room and down the stairs. "Bye Rachel!" His mom calls out. I wave and walk outside to my car. It was dark outside already. I slip inside my car and blush scarlet. I feel my lips for a moment. I can't believe I just did that...

But it felt so sweet. It was only on his cheek but still... Wow. I giggle like a middle school girl just seeing her crush as I start the car and drive home with one thing in mind. Louis. Parking outside, I run into the house with a huge smile. "Rachel, you're home!" My mother greets me happily but concerned. "How was it?" She asks. I smile at her and giggle, "Best day ever." I hug her and she looks shocked that I'm so happy. "Goodnight mom!" I run upstairs almost tripping on my own feet with my excitement.