Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Rachel's POV

I turn the knob to Louis and my room, taking a deep breath. Zayn had gone ahead and left. I decided to come on back. I shouldn't have overreacted. I don't know that girl. Maybe she isn't as rude as I made her out to be. I have my own room here, why just ditch my best friend? I just thought he actually liked me. I open the door and I hear voices and I silently shut it curiously.

I didn't mean to ease drop but I was curious to what they were talking about, so I silently step closer to the living room but stay hidden behind the hallway. "-it's a huge ball! Surely you're invited. The highest people in New York will be there for New Years!" Lizzy's frustrated voice whines and I roll my eyes. Why would Louis be invited to some rich ball? "Lizzy, why would I go to that?" He asks and I grin, we thought a lot alike. "Because you're rich..." She trails off. I gasp, then cover my mouth.

Crap, they didn't hear me did they? And Louis? Rich? Is that why she liked him?! Was he just lying to her this whole time? "I am not rich... What made you think that?" Louis asks and I hear some movement, him walking I think. "That girl-" "Rachel." Louis cuts her off and my heart races at how he was offended she wouldn't use my name and refer me to 'that girl'. "Yeah, her. She was holding new bought things... Wearing nice clothing and she seemed to be possessive of you.

Usually a blind guy would never get a girl like that. So you must be rich..." Lizzy says making my blood boil. What a freaking- "I'm not rich at all... Rachel and I are just really close." "So, you aren't rich. Are you inheriting any money?" She asks skeptical. She was making me angrier the more she opened that big mouth. "No." Louis says like it's obvious. "Oh..." She mumbles and I step forward making her snap around to face me.

"You can have him then..." She says and rushes out of the room pushing past me. "Who's there...?" Louis asks feeling around but my focus was on something else. "Hey Lizzy." I call her and she looks to me confused. "Don't be such a bitch. It doesn't suit you." I shrug. "Oh I'm the bitch? You're stupid to be with some cripple. You could do better." She says. I sigh, "I really can't. Louis is the best there is. It's sad you can't see that... It's interesting. Right now, you are the one that's blind."

"Look you ugly bitch-" I bring my hand up and slap her across the face and shove her out of the apartment, shutting and locking the door. I rub my temples sighing. Well that was an eventful visit... I walk into the living room again and Louis is standing there confused and motionless. "Is she gone?" He asks. "Yeah." I mutter. "Is this Rachel?" I don't answer him, I just wrap my arms around Louis's waist and bury my head in his chest.

"I'm so sorry, Louis." He sighs hugging me back, "No, I'm sorry. I forgot why Lizzy and I aren't friends anymore." He chuckles, "She became a gold digger." He shrugs and I sigh leaning up and kissing his cheek. "Am I a gold digger?" I ask raising my eyebrows. "Considering I'm broke and you know that... And you're still here... Nah." I giggle and hug him again. "Louis... What are we?" I ask confused.

I really didn't know what we were. "I don't know... I guess..." He blushes and kisses my lips gently making my heart melt. He pulls back too soon but I had a feeling it wouldn't be the last kiss. "Well?" I ask waiting impatiently wondering and trying to keep my mind straight over what just happened. "Will you be my girlfriend, Rachel?" Louis asks hopeful as he bites his bottom lip. I grin happily and hug Louis. For me, it was a perfect New Years.

"Yes." I mumble shutting my eyes as Louis presses his lips to mine once again and I immediately feel the warmth and heat radiating from Louis. I wrap my arms around him grinning against his lips and tangling my fingers in his hair. "I love you." Louis mumbles as I rest my forehead against his. I gently move up and kiss his closed eyes.

"I love you most, Louis Tomlinson."