Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Hannah's POV

I sat alone in detention and sigh. Mr Todd glared at me with crossed arms. "Do you know why you are here while all your friends are out for Christmas break?" He asks. I nod, "I know why I'm here but I don't have any friends so I don't care." I shrug. "How could you spray that word on a girls locker?" He scolds. "Maybe because she is what I said she was." I cross my arms.

"She is a very good student here. I think everyone would agree that Miss Dooley is a wonderful young women." "Oh please, everyone likes her because she's not afraid to show a little leg!" I growl out. "She's right." I heard a voice speak up and both of our heads snap to the door. Oh no... Not HIM. The boy wants in further into the room with a smile as he hands the teacher a slip of paper. "Ah I see... Take a seat, Justin." He dismisses and clears his throat.

Justin takes a seat beside me and I scoot mine away awkwardly. This was the boy that humiliated me. How could he send the video of me singing to everyone in school? I have always been an outcast bad girl... But now it's like I don't go to this school. I've done everything possible so no one recognises me from the video. I wear hoodies with my hair more wild than usual and my style different than my actual clothing. No one has realised who was actually singing just yet and I'm glad.

Hopefully it'll just blow over. "I trust with a good student like you in the room, Justin... That I can leave you two alone for a while... I'll be back soon. If she acts up, please inform me." He sighs glaring at me then smiling at Justin. What a freaking jerk this teacher was. I hated all the teachers besides one. My art teacher. She was awesome... She understands me and let's me express myself freely. She's a role model to me. Considering my mother isn't exactly what I'd call role model material...

Mr Todd leaves the room with one last nod and I'm left alone to think quietly... Or so I thought. "Psst. Hey." Justin whispers trying to get my attention. I roll my eyes reaching down and grabbing some paper and pencil. I lay the paper on my desk and begin drawing random pictures and people and words. "Hey!" Justin tried getting my attention again but I pretend like I didn't hear anything. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I don't even flinch.

I hear him move around beside me and next thing I know my drawing is taken away from me. I gasp snatching my hands around trying to get it back. But Justin was standing far away and already looking at it intently. I groan standing up, "You jerk! That's private!" I take it away from him and he suddenly smiles. "Hi." He says. "Hello." I say angrily and slump into my seat. "You know... You're a really good painter... That's a really awesome picture you drew." He compliments still smiling.

Why is he always smiling? "Thank you. Now can we stop talking and continue this conversation like I don't know maybe never?" I bitterly glare at him. He stares at me seriously finally, "Why do you hate me so much?" He asks confused. I give him the 'are you kidding me?' Look. "You video taped me singing terribly and spread it all over the Internet!!! I have every right to be hateful towards you." I grumble sighing.

He sighs sitting back down beside me and starts writing on a piece of paper he grabbed from his bag.

He hands it to me and I unfold it, 'I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to send it to people, I promise. I hit the button by accident. And you weren't terrible. You are so incredibly talented. If you took the time to listen to what everyone's saying about it, you'd realise they loved you.' I sigh crumbling the paper. "I guess it's okay... You didn't mean to ruin my life." I shrug. "So-" Justin begins to say but suddenly gets a phone call. He groans pulling out his phone and answering, "Yea?" He answers.

"Dude... You know that blind kid in our grade?" A guy says clearly and so loud that even I could hear. "Yeah..." Justin trails off with a very hesitant expression. "Man, you need to come here... He's being beaten up pretty bad..." The guy says and I sit up straight. How could someone hurt a blind kid?!?? "Holy crap! Where are you?!" He asks standing up. "The cinema. Come quick, someone needs to stop Blain before he freaking kills him!!" He hangs up the phone. Shit.