Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Rachel's POV

I stare at the scene before me in utter fright. Frozen to my feel, I start to feel sick in my stomach. Sick with clear worry. "BLAIN YOU FREAKING BASTARD! LET GO OF HIM!" I start to charge towards them but Harry and Taylor hold me back to protect me. I was so pissed at this jerk. Why did I even think of him as great before? He's a monster! Who could hurt an innocent person like Louis? Apparently, Blain.

Blain lifts his fists up and they collide with Louis's jaw and he fell backwards. Blain laughs turning to us, "What a pathetic wimp!" He laughs and grins evilly at Taylor, Harry and I. Louis suddenly jumps to his feet with abnormal speed, like a surge of strength ran through him. He grabs Blain's shoulders and slams him to the ground groaning. I was about to start cheering him on but Blain knees his family jewels causing Louis to go numb and he gasps.

Blain picks up the now frozen Louis and slams him against the popcorn counter. I gasp, covering my mouth with my hand. This isn't happening! Blain slams Louis's head against it and Louis hollers out. That's when Blain did the unthinkable. "You'll pay for this." Blain says menacingly and pulls out a hand knife. I scream shoving Harry in the soft spot and grab Louis. Blain stops the knife from hitting him and glares at me.

"Please. Blain, don't do this." I plead with him holding onto Louis as he is unconscious. "HEY, BREAK IT UP!" I hear and we all turn our heads seeing police officers running in. Finally. "Please help him!" I shout and a guy runs up saying he's a doctor. He checks Louis's pulse as they handcuff Blain and begin asking people questions about what happened. "Well, your friend here is very lucky." The doctor says smiling at me, "Nothing internally damaged. He may have a few cuts, bruises and discomfort for awhile.

But he doesn't need to go to the hospital or anything. Just clean him up and let him rest." "Thank you sir." I say politely and he nods walking away. Harry comes to help me carry Louis and we head to our cars. I had borrowed my moms for the evening, so Harry gently laid Louis in the passenger seat and left with Taylor, as she had insisted he not take the city bus back home. I drove quietly to my house and nibble at my bottom lip. I didn't mean to do it, but I turn my head to Louis and smile.

He looks so innocent and sweet when he's sleeping. He looked dirty and beaten up, making me just want to hold him. He looked so helpless. We arrive at my house and I hop out quickly, running over to Louis's side. I pick him up an carry him inside. It was a struggle of course though. It took a long time. I lay him on the couch and he jumps up gasping. And now he wakes up. I sigh, "Louis, calm down." I rest my hand on his chest making him lay back down. He groans sitting up again.

Stubborn as ever, "Where am I?" He asks ignoring my commands for him to lay down. "My house." I say standing up and going into the kitchen grabbing the first aid and I wet a cloth with hot water, walking back over to Louis. "But won't your parents-" "They aren't here. They'll be back tomorrow night probably." I cut him off and he nods understandingly. "Now, I'm going to need to clean you up. Alright?" I ask with the warm clothe in hand to clean up his cuts and burns.