Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Rachel's POV

He shrugs, "Whatever." I lift his shirt up and off of him laying it on the table. I tried not to become a little nervous, but it was hard when the guy I may or may not have a big crush on is shirtless and letting me touch him. He was no better though, a blush coloured his cheeks pink making me blush as well. I gently rub the clothe over the blood cleaning him up and he cringes in pain every now and then. "How are you feeling?" I ask clearing my throat.

"A little better. But whatever your doing, stings." He complains and I roll my eyes, "I'm helping you Louis." "Yeah well helping apparently hurts." "Maybe if you hadn't of offered to fight-" "It was to help Harry. I work out on weekends so I'm better off fighting than him." "No your not." "Yes I am." "Your blind, you could've been really hurt if I hadn't of jumped in or the police showing up." "I was fine without anyone's help, Rachel."

"God, your so stubborn!" I groan accidentally pressing hard and he gasps in pain. "I'm sorry, Lou..." I apologise sighing and I loosen up on the cut. "Lou?" He asks gently. "Yeah. Isn't that what some people call you?" I ask. He shrugs, "Not really..." He trails off. I bite my lip looking to his face. He still looked good even with bruises and blood all on his face. "You could've been hurt really bad." I say sitting up and I begin to clean up his face. "Why do you care, Rachel? You don't even know me that well."

I close my eyes taking a deep breath. "Louis, I know I've only known you for like two weeks. But I've given up my best friend for you. I've lost my status for you. I'm lying to my parents to just be around you more." I pause sighing, "I've been beside you practically all week... Because I care about you. I care so much..." "Why?" He asks all of a sudden. "Because I like you, Louis. I like you a lot..." I stand up walking into the kitchen. I rub my temples sighing as I fix some hot tea.

I hear some movement and when I turn around, Louis is standing at the doorway with a sad expression. "Don't pity me right now, Louis." I mumble stirring the tea bags in. He scoffs, "That's a stupid request when your telling a blind outcast with no life pretty much." "Well, we both know you don't feel like that..." "Like what?" "Damn it, Louis." I groan turning to him. "I just told you I like you and you don't feel that way. It's fine. Just drop it, okay?" I suggest.

"No." He says determined. I gap, shoving his shoulder lightly. "Don't be such a freaking jerk!" I groan. Louis stares at me sassily, "You're accusative!" "How am I accusing you?" I ask confused. "YOU say I don't feel like you do. You haven't even asked!" He says dramatically showing how I was being unreasonable. "Well, I guessed!" "STOP GUESSING!" He shouts, "You always assume! You never give anyone the chance to tell you how they feel." "Never is a strong word." I say glaring at Louis with my arms crossed.

"It's an accurate word." He says rolling his eyes. I shake my head even though he can't see it. "No it's not." "Uh, yeah it is." He says. "Don't be so sarcastic!" I complain. He rolls his eyes again. "You are so-" I begin to say but he cuts me off by slamming his lips to mine. I gasp hitting my back against the counter but his hands resting on my waist make me process what he was doing. I close my eyes and kiss him back gently. He smiles a little, caressing my cheek with one hand.

It wasn't rough or too passionate, just sweet. Which was fine with me. His lips were so soft and gentle, I melted at his touch as he pulls me closer. It was like having your first kiss, experimenting but yet it wasn't my first kiss. Well, it was our first kiss to each other. And I had a feeling it felt so fresh because of Louis. I didn't want to take this too far physically but I could tell my heart was already taken by Louis as he pulls back and rests his forehead on mine panting.

It was a long kiss, but no tongue or

biting or anything too quick. Which made it a perfect first kiss for Louis. I was extremely nervous now. What if he didn't like it? But all my worries disappear when he opens his eyes and the biggest grin spreads across his face. I blush realising how close we are. "I'm sorry-" he begins to say but I wrap my arms around his neck kissing him again. I couldn't get enough. He was just perfect. This was perfect. I couldn't ask for anything more. But somehow, I knew something was going to go wrong soon...