Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Rachel's POV

After hearing what Harry just revealed to me, I felt lightheaded. Everyone was trying to discreetly stare at me. I had just really been mean to a blind kid. Could I be any worse of a jerk? "I had no idea-" I try to explain to Harry but he shakes her head cutting me off, "No. Louis hates pity. I think he much rather be shouted at then treated like some baby." Harry says smiling lightly. "Where do you think he went?" I ask Harry standing up.

I did need to apologise for being a bit rude. But I swear if he doesn't apologise, I don't care if he's blind, he can be a complete jerk. And I don't pity jerks. "Uh, possibly outside. Under the weeping willow tree. Good luck." He smiles continuing to eat as if nothing happened. I take a deep breath and make my way past everyone. I push on the side door and walk out into the cold weather. I look around for the tree and see it in the distance on a hill beside the school building.

I walk up and pull the long string like lines from the tree and it reveals Louis. He had his legs against his chest, arms wrapped around his legs. He was just staring at the tree. "What do you want?" He asks and it kind of scared me. Of course he could hear my walking. I sit down beside Louis and sigh, "I want to talk to you." "Rachel?" He asks. I nod then realise he can't see it. "Yeah." I scoot a bit closer to him and he winces slightly. "What do you wanna talk about?" He asks me.

"Louis, I'm sorry I snapped at you and was kind of mean. I'm not going to pity you though." He suddenly smiles which took me off guard. Ever since knowing this guy just earlier today, he's never smiled until now. "Don't pity me... I'm sorry for being such a douche. I'd like to make it up to you if that's alright." "It's fine." He moves to stretch his legs out and he lays back. "I don't want to go back to class." he admits sluggishly. "Me neither. So... How do you get to school if you can't drive?" I ask randomly.

"Harry drives me." Louis shrugs grinning. "Why?" He asks confused. "Well, do you think Harry could give my cousin a ride home?" "Yeah..." He mutters still not understanding. "Awesome. Give me your phone." "No." I roll my eyes and feel his pockets for his phone. "Hey!" He tries to shove my hands off but I finally find it and stand up so he can't snatch it. "What are you doing?!" He asks standing up. "Texting Harry to drive Taylor home." I shrug and send the text telling him I was taking Louis in Taylor's car.

"Here." I hand the phone back. It was kind of sad looking at Louis's phone. He didn't have much on it. Because he can't play games or text. The text I sent to Harry was the only sent used. He apparently knew how to call people and listen to music but nothing else. "Come on." I tug on Louis' hand and pull him to Taylor's car. "I feel like I'm being kidnapped." He mumbles when I shove him roughly onto the passenger seat. "Shut up." I giggle and begin driving towards town.

"Can you please tell me where you're taking me?" He asks. I shrug, "I don't know. I just feel like going somewhere. What do you feel like doing?" "Nothing." "Well whatever." I scoff and my eyes catch onto a shopping centre. I wasn't a huge shopper but this would be a nice way to kill time. I drive in and sigh, "Louis." I say simply and park.