Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Rachel's POV

Louis and I walk right in. I felt a bit nervous to be honest. I was going to meet his family and what if they don't like me? Sure, Louis and I were just friends. But I was still anxious. "Mum, I'm home!" Louis shouted and I shut the front door for him. He takes off his coat and turns to the coat hanger and hangs it up. He grips the table and shoves off his shoes because they were wet from the icy grass.

It was Florida so there wasn't snow but it got really cold so the grass was freezing and wet. I copy his actions just as a women entered the room. She seemed quite shocked to see me, her eyes widened. "Louis, who is this?" She asks smiling gently and Louis walks past her like it was nothing. How could he walk around so freely and do stuff while being blind? It makes no sense. "My friend. Mum, this is Rachel." He gestures towards me and holds out his hand.

I take it and he starts pulling me to the kitchen, his mother followed behind. I tried to just stay quiet which was easy because I was shy at the moment. "OH!" She realises all of a sudden and grins brightly. She offers her hand and I shake it politely. "Hello Rachel, I'm Jay. No need to call me Mrs or anything just call me Jay." She greets me and I smile, "Nice to meet you, Jay." Three young girls suddenly walk in and I bite my lip.

Two were very young and must be twins, the other one looked around 14 years old. The young teenager looks up to me and she gives me that same shocked look as Louis's mom did. "Um, hi I'm Rachel. Louis's friend." I smile politely. She gaps and states between Louis and I back and forth. "I'm Lotte... Oh my god, Louis has a girlfriend! It's a miracle!" She squeals and Louis groans shoving her shoulder, "Shut up, Lotte! I've had plenty of girlfriends!" He snaps blushing scarlet red and I giggle quietly.

"Yeah, in your dreams!" She laughs shoving him back and running out of the room. "I apologise for Lotte... She's weird." Louis sighs. Jay smiles gently and states in Louis's and my direction. I follow her gaze and it lands on our intertwined fingers. "Oh sorry." I mumble letting go of Louis's hand. "Louis, why don't you show Rachel your room? I need a little while longer to make supper." Jay smiles and Louis nods. "Come on." I follow Louis upstairs and into his room.

I knew I was kind of disobeying my mom but I mean... What would happen? He's blind, it's not like he'd make a move on me or anything! He can't hurt me. Though I knew it was very wrong, I thought 'oh well' and sat on the edge of Louis's bed. I look around at the room. It was very plain looking. Probably because he didn't care to put up posters or anything cause he wouldn't see it anyways. But the colours were very cool. "Nice room."

I compliment laying my back on the bed. It was so comfortable. "Thank you. Do you want to listen to some music?" He asks. "Sure, what do you like?" "Anything really. Have you ever heard this group?" He picks up a CD and feels the cover then hands it to me. I shake my head, "No but I'd like to listen to it." He grins and places it on his desk. He grabs his earphones and hands me his iPhone. "Can you play one of their songs for me?" He asks laying beside me and I scroll down the artists until I find it.

We both put one ear bud in and listen. "So, tell me about yourself." Louis suggests. I bite my lip and begin describing everything from moving and my personality. We lay on his bed for an hour or so just talking, listening to music and laughing about random things until his mother calls us down for dinner. On the way down the stairs I decide to ask Louis, "How do you get around so well in your house?" He shrugs, "I know this place. I memorise where to walk and where not to."