Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Justin's POV

Hannah and I stare at the whole scene that happened in shock. "Well, thank god he's okay..." She says sighing in relief. I nod clearing my throat, "Um yeah..." And the awkward silence follows. "Um, I don't really have a ride home." She says awkwardly crossing her arms. I bite my lip, "I could take you home." She nods, "That's a good idea."

We both leave the cinema in silence. I sigh driving towards her house as she tells me where to go. "So, you know how there's gonna be that talent show thing at your dads arena for our school?" I ask clearing my throat. She nods. "Okay... Well, I'll be singing that night... And I was wondering if you'd like to go with me there? There will be a party at my house afterwords, you're obviously invited..." I trail off nervously.

How did she do that? I was never nervous around girls. But with Hannah, I can't even think straight. And she hasn't even said anything! "Maybe." She shrugs. "If you don't want it to be a date, it doesn't have to be... I mean, we could go as friends?" I plead with my eyes hopefully. She smiles lightly, "I'll be going to the show with my father. But I'll think about going to the party. But I'm not going to go as your date... I'm sorry." She blushes. I nod sadly, "I understand." I park in front of her house and she hops out,

"Oh hey, here's my address and phone number... Ya know, if you decide to show up." I hand her a piece of paper after I finished writing it down. She smiles waving, "Kay. Bye Justin!" She says walking into her house. I drive home in silence. I hope she does show up... I sigh. I'll never be able to impress her or swoon her... Then I get an idea. I grin to myself and turn on the stereo. A song comes on and immediately I know I am going to sing this song. Wait till Hannah sees me tomorrow night!

Rachel's POV

(Next day: December 24th)

Louis and I burst out laughing as we speed down the busy streets of Florida. "Where are we going?" Louis asks grinning. "Somewhere fun for your birthday!" I giggle flicking his head. He groans rubbing his eyes, "I'm still tired." I roll my eyes, "Be happy you didn't sleep on the couch." He laughs. Louis slept in my parents room and I slept in mine. (Sorry to disappoint you readers 😕)

I park the car in front of the international airport. "Why does it sound really loud here?" Louis asks as trucks and cars and chaos is everywhere. I try to distract him, "Oh my god, do you smell that yummy food?" I lie and he gives me a flat look. "It smells like car gas." He says and I roll my eyes opening the trunk. I take out my bag if clothes and earlier this morning, I went to Louis's and packed some clothes for him but he still had no clue.

I went through his stuff and thank god I found all I needed for him. I grab his bag and hand it to him, "Carry this." "But what is it-" "COME ON!!!" I grab his hand running to the entrance. I pay the women for parking and head on inside. People were walking around, families excited probable going to Disney world or something. Others looked frustrated looking like they were trying to get home. Louis and I probably looked like two teens running away together from our families. It wasn't that at all.

Last night, I wondered what I could do for Louis on his birthday. There wasn't much. I mean, he's blind and with that come so many limits. And then it hit me. I told my mother another lie, I know I'm awful. I just simply said I was with Taylor for a few days. She was very upset as I told her over the phone of course, that I was going to be gone for Christmas. She excepted it though and decided she and dad could just stay on vacation for longer.

Louis was asleep while I ordered the plane tickets and called his mother. His mom was so ecstatic about the idea of her son doing something that was so much fun. Though it made me kind of sad thinking of how many birthdays Louis has had alone, while his family and friends were busy. But everything was set now and I was completely excited to take Louis to New York City.

"Where are we going?" Louis asks me groaning. "Somewhere fun." I say once again laughing. I pull him up to the gate.

I hand them our tickets and information and we are checked quickly. We go through security and are handed our passes and clarified tickets. I grins and pull Louis through the terminals. "Am I going on a freaking plane?" He asks eyes widened. "Welcome onto your flight. Your seats are this way." The flight attendant smiles pointing to first class. I excitedly pull Louis with me and he gaps, "OH MY GOD, RACHEL!" He shouts making everyone look to him. I laugh pecking his lips. "Calm down, Lou.

I'm taking you to New York." He stares at me like I've gone insane. "Just sit back and relax." I advise and grab his hand. He blushes and intertwines our fingers. I'm not really sure if we're a couple or anything yet... But I know I like Louis a lot. And I love being with him. Every touch he gave me sent shivers down my spine. I guess we'll have to discuss our relationship or whatever you could call us later. Right now, I'm just going to enjoy Louis and make this the best birthday he's ever had.