Naib Subedar

You were the shortest among the survivors

You were the shortest among the survivors. Tracy was 151 cm while you were 150 cm. I know, it's frustrating that the difference was only one centimeter but you couldn't do anything about it. You've been drinking milk every night and Emily would help you measure your height and yet there would be no changes though you didn't give up because you didn't want to trouble Naib since he would always help you reach for something. Naib is your boyfriend whom you've been dating for three years.

At first, he was distant towards you since he didn't like establishing a relationship with others since he had a friend when he was working for the East Indian Company. One day, he and his friend went to war. Naib almost got shot but his friend protected him. He carried his injured comrade and tried to seek protection but he injured his elbows. He disliked the idea of war and shot the opposing general in the head to end it once for all. The war was over but his friend wasn't there to be able to enjoy a war-free life as he passed away from the injury. Naib then decides to retire as a soldier and receives a letter afterward. It was an invitation and he had nothing to risk so he enters the Oletus Manor. That's where he got to meet you.

You have been staying in the manor two months earlier than him and already had friends. Though Emily was the first to approach him, he never opened up to her. One time, you had awoken in the middle of the night and ended up feeling thirsty. There was a storm outside and it was raining hard. You were scared of the sound of thunder and wanted to go back into your room as fast as possible so you quicken your pace towards the kitchen. You got a cup of glass from the cupboard and filled it with water. While drinking your water, you saw a flash of lightning and the sound of thunder came after. You quickly ducked down and covered your ears. You had accidentally let go of the glass which shattered on the floor.

After a minute of crouching, you feel a tap on your arm. "Hey, are you okay?" You slowly raise your head to see the newcomer. "Yeah." You replied but your actions said otherwise. Your hands were shaking and he noticed this. "You're afraid of storms?" He asks but you shake your head no. "Not storms. I hate thunders." You reply. "Here." He extends his hand for you and you took it. He brought you to his usual spot, the area by the windows. He takes off his jacket and places it on your shoulders. "Wait here." He says and leaves. You look out the window and started to trace the raindrops that stained the windowpane as you wait for Naib's return.