Antonio

[Modern Alternate Universe]

It's time... or as your parents think so. You're 21 years old, the age your parents deem as the right age for you to get married as your mom did when she was your age too.

"(First Name), darling..." Your mom coos, laying her head on your shoulder. "Not again Mom." You sigh, removing your hands from the keyboard to push your mom away.

"But I haven't said anything yet!"

"Mom, I'm doing a business plan and I do not need to be distracted right now."

"Not even handsome boys?" She pushes a folder into your arms. "Mom. Not this again." You roll your eyes and set the folder aside, ignoring your mom's gasp. You return to your laptop and your mom smacks your arm. "How could you do that! Are you not going to check that handsome boy's profile?"

"Mom, can I work in peace?"

"I'd leave peacefully if you take a look, okay?"

"Look only?"

"Maybe a date... or something? Please?"

"If it gets you to stop bothering me, I will."

"That's great!"

She eagerly waits for you to pick up the file and once you did, she sighs in relief. "I do hope it's not a photographer. What was his name again? Ah yes... Joseph Desaulniers. He kept talking about the different camera shots the whole time."

"I can assure you he's not--"

"Nor do I want to date brothers!"

"Oh yes, I do remember them. Xie Bi'an and Fan Wujiu... lovely brothers who fought over my precious darling. Oh! I remember the look on your face when I saw them having a fistfight! Thank God nothing happened to my single baby!"

"Mom, I'm single because--"

"Because you're not ready to mingle. Yeah, yeah. Just open the folder already! You're killing me, darling!"