•summer fling•

The rain bounced of cars and umbrellas with a long noise that was oddly comforting in the silence that usually filled the streets in the evening.

You stood watching the light- hoping and praying the light red man would turn green so you could walk across the road and get to your date and that's when you met his eyes.

Damian- it hadn't been so long since you seen him. Not since you broke up with him and yet there he was. Looking at you with the same bright green eyes that had been dimed from sadness.

He opened his mouth- going to say something yet he was cut off by someone else.

"Hey! Bubba!" Mark would call with a bright chuckle as he wrapped an arm around your shoulder and grinning down at you.
You smiles back- flooded with happiness as you saw him because you remembered. That this was your boyfriend. You were the one to break up with Damian and it was for the better. You two just didn't click. You were better off as friends like you both agreed.

Damian would give you a gentle smile seeing you so happy- thats all he wanted and he was sure he would find someone as well. You had been his friend for so long- he thought that maybe that's why you could both be in love and while he was lonely he preferred being friends- not having the thought of loosing you like he had been scared of for so long.

You yourself had only tried to get with damin for your parents- he was your friend and more like a little brother then anything...he was handsome sure but he wasn't...right...for you.

And so you both crossed the street. Both on directions Into a new life. You both would still be friends- forever and always.

And while you crossed the street under your boyfriends arm damian had ran into a girl himself- literally and it made you snort as you turned back to him with a thumbs up.

They were a summer fling- they both knew it was their loneliness that drove them to it but it was one hell of a summer fling and they would never forget it.

Not at the future Christmas parties that they had.
Not when Damian made jokes about it at your wedding to mark- Or when you made jokes about it at his own wedding.
And it wasn't something that you were ashamed of- it wasn't something that you wanted to keep a secret because why should you? It's not like anyone else had a problem with it.

Because to them both it was just one hell of a summer fling  that lead them to finding their soulmates