•i think i love you•

"I think I love you"

Who knew that five simple words could ruin everything.

You two had known eachover since you where children. Ever since the night he had arrived at the manor with bruce by his side explains how this young boy around you age was his blood son.

It was strange at first. Seeing this brat around the manor demanding things of your grandfather and flaking him a mere butler even though Alfred was so much more and although you two had your ups and downs you both got on pretty well after he had opened up.

You two where the best of friends. The ultimate duo yin and yang. Pulling pranks in Jason and Tim stealing cookies put of the cookie jar. You where partners in crime.

It all changed with five simple words.

The day was cold. The seasons where begins to change from summer to winter. Wind had picked up greatly pushing your long hair around as you wait up top of a hill for Damian (long hair for plot reasons I'm sorry if you don't like it!)

You gaze upon the city that you call home. Stars shine brightly and while the hill had no lights to illuminate the multicoloured field of flower the full moon was enough.

You wait up top of the hill waiting. You had sent him a message to meet you at the spot after patrol because you had something important to tell him.

It was your last chance to tell him as well as you would be off to collage in a couple of days and Harvard was far away from Gotham city.

With a bug gaudy if wind you fell a hand on your shoulders you smile and turn around.

Damian takes off his mask and smiles as well. -after all these years you had broken through his tough shell-

You tuck a lose strand of hair behind your ears "why hello there" you say with a small blush but it wasn't noticeable because of how dimly lit everything was.

He smiles "hey" he says "how long you've been here?" You smile "not long, how was your patrol?" You asks him "good" he says "Watcha need to ask me?" He asks

You blushes and grab his hands "promise we'll still be friends?" "Promise" he says slightly on edge.

You look to the ground gluping nervous

"I think I love you"

Time feels like it's standing still he looks at you in shock and you look down to the ground eyes leaking with tears.

It goes in like this for a few minutes before he yanks his hands away "I'm sorry" he says gruffly "I'm not looking fro a relationship" and just like that he begins to back away.

You fall to your knees in pain clutching your heart as of you where having a heart attack. You eyes are blank and you can feel his guilty and pitiful gaze look at your crying form.

He stumbles back a bit "i-i think it's best if we don't talk to eachover for a bit I know I said I'll always be your friend but but this is a lot to process" he says putting his mask back on.

You don't say anything nor do you move the world around you feels louder and brighter. It feels like thousands upon thousands or bricks are on your shoulder. You don't even see him leave.

And there you stay not moving from the hill which was once the place a place of happiness.

A few years later

3 years it had been three god damn years before you saw his face again. His dumb smirk as he checked police reports.

You stood in Gotham City police station or GCPD as a detective. Your blue jeans and white collar shirt and crinkled as if they were screaming 'I WANNA GO HOME AND BE WASHED'

The new case of Harley Quinn's and jokers daughter know as 'Ace' had been taking up all your free time. You had been taken from star city and your original station and transfered to Gotham as you where SCPD best detective.

Still if you knew you would see him you wouldn't if agreed and although you had changed a lot you still feel nervous whenever You'd been in his line of vision.

How had you changed? You may ask well for one you had matured greatly in mental aspects and physical aspects. You also cut your hair and dressed differently.

You pretended to be confident after all you where a detective now putting up a tough act is what you where trained for when you would bring a suspect into questioning.

Even though your act was good you still could not fool yourself and you knew that you where still the weak little girl you had already been.

You walk down the long hallway to the evidence room looking down at notes you and made in the case file and not paying attention to where you where walking.

And then it happened

It was says off it was a cliche. You being the idiot you where and another person had bumped into eachover and paper flew everywhere. You fell to your knees and the other person fell to there ass.

You began to gather important file papers and they helped you. You didn't get a good look at the person's face but you could tell he was make from the glimpse you and gotten of him.

He hold the papers out to you and you bow "thank you!" You said then rising again.

The stranger chuckles "no problem" he says helping you up and looking at your face and then it happened again.

Papers flew to the ground once again and there you two stood frozen in shock you clutching your stressed and the mans moth opened in shock and then he opens it uttering one word only.

"(Y/n)?"