Chapter 15 - The C-Rank Mission

It has been almost two months now, since Team 10 has been declared an official team.

Asuma wasn't kidding when he said he was determined to make sure his 'Cute Little Genins' become the best damn ninjas in Konoha. So between missions, he had created a Training Schedule for them.

On the weekdays, they will do at least Two D-rank missions a day, to fulfill their quota of getting a C-rank mission in the future.

After the missions are done, they will proceed to their training regimen for the rest of day. That includes helping them improve their strength, speed and stamina.

For someone like Naruto, who has been training since he was five, and has a powerful Chakra Monster as an ally, who is also constantly recharging his energy reserves, it was simply a routine exercise for the young Senju.

But unfortunately for his two compatriots, it was a Week of Hell.

Even though Ino had been training with Naruto since they were kids, it wasn't as intense as his training with Hiruzen. Naruto understood that not everyone has his level of endurance, so he tried to be as patient as he could with her. She of course eventually improved over time, and became the talented Kunoichi she is now.

But unlike Naruto, Asuma doesn't share his 'softness' when it comes to her. Her weakness was still her stamina and she needed more training with her Chakra control. Asuma practically 'dethroned' Naruto as Ino's most Nightmarish teacher.

Shikamaru on the other hand, was struggling when it comes to his physical capabilities. Like Ino, he had low Stamina, but compare to her, he had the lowest. Asuma had made it his personal mission to help Shikamaru get better, and also help him expand his Jutsu Arsenal. The more Jutsus he knows, the more options he has in battle.

Since Asuma already knew that Naruto has an affinity for Water and Wind, and Ino has Fire, it would be a shame to leave Shikamaru behind when it comes to his elemental training.

So Asuma gave Shikamaru a Chakra Paper and told him to channel his chakra into it. And surprisingly, the paper turned to Dust, indicating that Shikamaru has an Earth affinity.

Usually for a Nara, their affinity should be Water, due to it's calm and relaxing nature. Which should explain why they can be so 'relaxed' most of the times, and their shadows can move so fluidly.

But in some cases, the elemental affinity can be based on a person's own nature. Take Ino for example, her 'Fiery' personality and hot temper was an obvious sign that her nature is Fire. As for Naruto, he can be as calm as the water, and as uplifting as the Wind. Shikamaru might have the Earth affinity due to his very steady nature.

Asuma was a little proud that his team is well-balanced when it comes to their Nature-Transformations. The only affinity missing is Lightning. But unfortunately he won't be able to train Naruto with his Water affinity, and Shikamaru with his Earth affinity, since Asuma only has Fire and Wind.

So he'll just have to get some Training-scrolls for each of them to learn.

Shikamaru was given scrolls based on the basics, since he still needs to learn the fundamentals first. He needed to learn how to channel his Earth Chakra, before he can learn any Jutsus.

Naruto was given a couple of scrolls based on new Water Jutsus. Most of the Jutsus are C-Rank and above, and given that Naruto is already a skilled Water Style User, Asuma knew he could handle the Jutsu's power and chakra requirements.

HOKAGE TOWER - MISSION ROOM

Team 10 is now standing before the Hokage, along with Iruka and another Chunin beside him. They had just finished their first D-Rank Mission of the day, and was probably about to receive another from the old Hokage.