Chapter 10 - The Uchiha & The Hyuga

Konoha is now facing one its darkest hours. The Legendary Uchiha Clan....is no more. Their greatest prodigy and Clan Heir, Itachi Uchiha, had betrayed and slaughtered his entire clansman including his own parents in one single night. But he left only one survivor, his little brother Sasuke.

Sasuke was deeply traumatized by the overwhelming level of loss and betrayal. He witnessed the entire event through Itachi's Mangekyo Sharingan's greatest genjutsu, The Tsukuyomi. His dear big brother, had apparently lost his mind, as he told Sasuke that this was all to 'test his skills'. This was enough to enraged Sasuke as he subconsciously activated his one-tomoe Sharingan for the first time, and attacked Itachi in vein before fainting from the intense shock. But before he fell into unconsciousness, Sasuke could have sworn...he saw tears coming from Itachi's eyes.

Afterwards, Sasuke was never the same again. The young Uchiha may not be the most the social person before, but now he was as bad as Shino (pre-meeting Naruto), or even worst. He has completely cut himself off from everyone around him. Including Hinata.

The Hyuga girl was very worried about her crush. He had stop showing up in the academy, or talk to her for months. She wanted to go to him, to see if he is ok. But she was afraid that Sasuke will be mad at her for disturbing him. But their precious friendship was in danger, and she refuses to lose what she already has with him, before she can even tell him how she truly feels.

But she needed help. She needed Naruto's help. The Blonde Senju had become very close with Sasuke ever since the Uchiha challenged him to a friendly spar. It was an epic fight for Academy level standards, but eventually, Naruto was declared the winner.

Sasuke was surprise as he had never lost a fight to anyone his age before. He developed a great sense of respect for the blonde, and vowed that he will beat him one day. Afterwards, Naruto and Sasuke had actually become very good friends, and the blonde Senju would often invite both Sasuke and Hinata to have lunch with him and his group.

Naruto had grown very close with the Dojutsu duo. It took a LONG TIME, but the Blonde was able to help Hinata out with her stutter, and Sasuke with his insecurity issues, of being compared to his prodigy of a big brother.

They both saw Naruto like a very supportive big-brother-figure, despite being the same age as them. Naruto was very wise for his age, and showed great compassion towards others. His determination always manage to inspire the people around him to be better.

If Sasuke is going to listen to anyone, Hinata has no doubt, that he will listen to Naruto.

NARUTO'S APARTMENT

Naruto had invited Ino over to his place to help her with her Ninjutsu studies. The platinum blonde girl was frustrated as the topic was proven to be very difficult for her. But she was determined to be the next 'Kunoichi of the Year' so she can be placed with the same team as her blonde paramour, who she doesn't doubt, that he will be the next 'Rookie of Year'.

"Ino-chan, you do know that there is a HIGH chance that we might not be on the same team together. I mean, I'm sure it's already been pre-planned that you will be placed on the same team with Shikamaru and Choji, to form the next Ino-Shika-Cho right?" Naruto asked, trying to lower Ino's expectations, so she won't be too disappointed if they are not placed on the same team together.

"Oh please, they can try to separate my 'Whiskers' from me. I'll burn the academy down if I have to" Ino says in a matter-of-fact with a smirk in the end.

"I didn't help teach you the Phoenix Flower Jutsu so you can burn down our school, Ino-chan. Besides, with your Chakra reserves, you be lucky to start a fire at all." Naruto said with his smirk in the end.