Chapter 1 - The Water Dragon & The Ice Princess

It was a rainy day in Konohagakure, also known as the Hidden Leaf Village. And for some unknown reason it had been raining non-stop for 3 days.

Naruto Uzumaki is only 5 years old, and has been an orphan since the day he was born.

He has sunny blonde spiky hair, violet purple eyes, and 3 whisker marks on each cheek.

He is now sitting all alone in his small single bedroom, at the orphanage he has been staying at. Watching outside from his window to see another child being adopted this week, besides him.

As a fellow orphan, he should be happy for the child that was being adopted into a happy looking family. But instead, his young heart is filled with sadness, as the child that is being adopted only came to the orphanage a few years after him.

He did not know why, but for some reason, he was always overlooked by every single parent that came. Those who spared him a glance, just gave him a look of fear and hate.

He never felt so lonely and so unwanted in his entire life.

"I just don't understand. What am I doing wrong?" Naruto asked himself, with tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

Then a gentle knock came from his door, and enter the Caretaker of the Orphanage.

"Naruto-kun? Are you alright?" the caretaker asked with concern in her voice, as Naruto wipe his tears away.

"I'm fine, Mother Nonō. How are you?" he ask politely back with a fake smile to cover up his immense sadness.

The Caretaker now identified as Nonō Yakushi, is able to see right through his fake smile and her heart immediately breaks for him.

Nonō was a former ROOT ANBU who became a Jōnin in the regular forces, and a captain of the Medic Corps, and eventually the caretaker at the village's orphanage. She is probably the only person in the orphanage that showed genuine kindness to the young Uzumaki.

"Naruto-kun, you don't have do that. I have seen too many fake smiles to last me a lifetime." She told him sweetly and gently.

"You know you can always tell me anything. You don't always have to be strong." She said with a sad smile.

Naruto looked into her kind caring eyes, and could not hide his sadness any longer. He finally let go of his tears and ran up to her, engulfing her with a tight hug, as she gladly returns it. She knelt down to his size, as he continues to cry on her shoulder. She whispers sweet and reassuring words to his ear, and gently stroking his back.

"Why doesn't anyone want me Mother Nonō? Why do they always look at me like I'm dangerous? Why am I not good enough?" his words were filled with pain and sadness as he says them between his sobs.

Nonō's heart continues to break for the small boy. As a former shinobi of Konoha, she knows full well why he is being treated so badly. She knew of his burden, but could not tell him. As it is considered forbidden by the Third Hokage.

She just could not understand the harsh unjustified treatment of the sweet boy who is crying in her arms, is constantly receiving from other adults. She absolutely adores Naruto and wanted nothing more but the best for him. But she still has to play the ignorant role, not just for the sake of the law, but for his.

"You are a wonderful boy Naruto-kun, and you should NEVER think that you aren't good enough. I know you are destined for great things. And I know that you will one day find those who are precious to you. And when you find them, they will fill your heart with love, and that love will only make you stronger than you already are, my sweet little boy". She said this with a motherly tone as she looked straight into his beautiful violet eyes and wiping away his tears.