[ 04 ]

"See you soon, sweetheart." Elliot bids his daughter goodbye as she boards onto the train along with her friends, "Promise me you won't go looking for trouble, will you?" he whispers to her and Aine chuckles, wrapping her pinky finger around her dad's. "Goodbye, dad." And she headed into the compartment she shared with Ginny and the Weasley twins, popping her head out of the window, she spotted her dad giving a warm smile and a wave.

Behind him, cam Mrs Weasley, running with something in her hand, "Ron! Ron!" she calls out, rushing to the few compartments ahead of Aine's, as she whooshes past, Aine saw the familiar grey rat in the Weasley mother's hands, squishing it tightly in fear she wouldn't be able to give it to her son. Fred and George exchange sniggers and shake his head, "Ronald." they said together.

The train tooted and soon Aine felt her body almost stumbling as she was still standing, Ginny was kind enough to grab her wrist before sitting her down as they looked out of the window of the many parents waving to their children. Another year of Hogwarts, here we go. Aine was excited, as her heart pumped with thrill, she was also slightly curious in who the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher will be, after Professor Lockhart's incident last year. She cringed and wondered how was he now, had he regained his memories or was he still in a daze in who he was?

Aine stroked her bracelet, feeling the rough texture of the stone as her eyes softened, she was going to miss her father very much. "That's a beautiful bracelet, Ai." George smiled and Fred began to smirk, "Who is it?" and George's smile fell slightly at his twin's words before he quickly places another grin on his face, similar to his brother's. Aine's eyes widened and Ginny giggled, "It's not what you guys imagine!" she declines, flushing at the thought. "Dad gave it to me as a present for my birthday!"

"It's very pretty!" Ginny chimes and they all stared at her bracelet, as Aine raises her hand to let them see a closer look, although her hand was shaking, it was something Aine always had, hand tremors, the boys glanced at each other mischievously after spotting her trembling hands and burst out into a loud laugh, "Oh what is it?" Aine asks, wondering what was so funny, but instead of getting a proper reply, there was another wave of laughter again.

They were about a few hours into the ride, where the scenery began to change and the sky was getting dark. It was pouring so hard and loud as the raindrops hit against the train, and slowly dripping down the window as the wind blew. It was howling and was rather unsettling. 

The four of them bought some sweets from the kind trolley lady and even Fred and George were letting Aine try some 'new' sweets that they designed during the holidays. Apparently, it lets the user let out mysterious animal sounds and faint physical feature change that last for 5 seconds as they chew on the candy. It was extremely funny as Fred kept getting the same animal -- a rooster. He crowed and went very red as familiar faces popped past their cabin. He threw his face into his hands and everyone laughed and laughed. George had gotten a crow that cawed while his neck cocks forward, Ginny had gotten the sheep and she baaed constantly, sending Aine into a fit of giggles until her sides hurt. When it was Aine's turn, she chewed the green candy and closes her eyes to savour the sweet minty taste, until she opens her eyes and everyone stopped, Ginny, gulping.

Her golden eyes went into slits and she felt her teeth growing sharper as they protrude from her mouth as she lets out a high pitched hiss. Even her head seemed to move very smoothly as she stares at the twins and then Ginny who flinched when she hissed. After 5 seconds, the changes faded back to her original look and she looks at them brightly, "How was it?" 

"Scary," George mutters and Fred let out an embarrassed chortle while Ginny looked genuinely terrified. Considering what happened last year, Aine wouldn't blame her friend at all, the snake was something Ginny was traumatized and scared of. "What luck," Aine adds, trying to lighten the mood.