eight

Loki:

"Ghost Council. If you can hear me, I want to talk to you. I want to know why I am here. Why you continue to torture me when I have done nothing wrong!"

I heard nothing.

"DO YOU HEAR ME!" I screamed.

"Hello Loki." A voice said, causing me to turn around.

Michael stood in front of me, an old ghost friend from many years ago.

"Michael." I acknowledged.

He looked around for a moment before taking a step to the side. Taking in the view and taking a breath of fresh air.

"I'm here on behalf of the Ghost Council." He stated.

I heard my name being called out from a distance and I turned to see Luke, Aria and Reena sprinting towards me. They were still so far away.

"Why?" I asked, glancing back at Michael.

He tilted his head.

"Why am I still here?" I asked.

"The Council does not know. This was not their doing." Michael replied, who stopped circling me.

"If this wasn't them, than who was it?!" I asked, frowning.

"We don't know. We're imvestigating."

I turned to look at the three people running towards me. Luke would reach me first.

"Am I allowed to die? Can I go through the doors again?" I asked, talking quickly.

Michael turned to watch them run towards me.

"You are the only one on this planet that has been given multiple chances to live, and yet you still want to die." Michael said softly.

"I'm in pain." I stated, honest.

It wasn't just pain. It was heartache, loneliness and self hatred. I didn't fit.

"The Ghost Council cannot interfere. I'm sorry. This is a matter to be resolved by whomever brought you back." Michael stated.

Luke skidded to a stop, holding my shoulder as he caught his breath.

"You can't go!" He exclaimed, when he caught it.

Michael turned away.

"I wish I could help you." Michael said, sadly.

"Wait!" I called out but it was already too late.

Michael had disappeared and the girls reached us just in time for me to sink to my knees.

"What happened?" Aria asked, taking ahold of Reena's hand.

"They can't allow me to pass over." I said softly.

"That's good, isn't it?" Aria asked.

I raised my head before shaking it.

"They said it wasn't them that brought me back. The Ghost Council has nothing to do with it." I stated, as I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

Reena knelt down to my level. I turned my head to look at her, her black hair falling in soft waves as the back of her fingers stroked my jaw.

"If it wasn't them. Who?" She asked softly.

Our eyes connected and I reached up to cup her head in my palms, stroking my thumb across her cheek.

"They don't know. It's being investigated." I replied, distractedly.

Reena took my hand, holding it and helped me stand, pulling me closer to her. She wrapped her arms around me, squeezing me tightly.