three

I was on my way home, and enjoying the familiar landscapes of the place I hadn't seen for a few months. Europe had been fantastic, had been memorably and my months there would stay with me for a very long time.

Scott was expecting me soon, and I glanced down at the beautiful engagement ring he'd given me when we'd been staying in Dublin, Ireland.

I was very excited to see Aria and Luke again. To tell them the great news. I had missed them like I would've missed breathing if I was underwater.

The taxi driver was nearing Greenville and I directed him to Luke's home, knowing I should let them know I was back and okay. Otherwise, Aria would kill me.

As the driver pulled up and began unloading all of my luggage, I turned to glance towards the house. Surely, Luke could give me a ride home.

I thanked the driver and waved him away before picking up my bags and moving towards the front door.

I rang the doorbell and a few moments later, Aria pulled open the door. Immediately, her eyes lit up.

"You're home!" She squealed.

She reached out and grabbed me, pulling me into a really tight hug. I let go of my bags and squeezed her back.

"Oh my god. Reena." Aria said as I had pulled away.

She grabbed my hand and looked up at me shocked.

"Ya girl is engaged." I said, grinning.

Happiness bloomed across her face, and hugged me again.

"I am so happy for you, Reena." She said, grinning.

"Thank you, and hey, where's Luke? I wondered if he could give me a ride home?" I asked as I looked around.

Aria turned away.

"Luke's uh busy but I can drive you home." She said.

"But I have to show him my ring!" I exclaimed, excited.

I began walking towards the lounge room doors but Aria quickly stopped me. Blocking me from entering.

"Nascar is on and you know how Luke gets, seriously it's all good. I can drive you home." Aria said with a fading smile.

I frowned.

"Aria." I stated annoyed.

She glanced away.

"What's going on?" I asked.

I moved past Aria, who sighed and I opened the doors.

Immediately, two faces turned to look at me but my eyes stuck on the one that stood up at my entrance.

I felt Aria standing behind me, but I couldn't see anyone else. Or hear anything. Just him. Everything within me seemed to freeze, like all time had stopped.

"I see congratulations are in order." Loki said gently with a small nod at my hand.

It was him. I knew it was. And after all these years, that's the first thing he says to me?

Luke glanced between us, worry gnawing at him as I still hadn't spoken.

Aria touched my shoulder gently.

"Reena?" She asked softly.

That broke me out of my thoughts.

"You're supposed to be dead." I said, my voice calm.

Maybe not the best thing to say.

Loki tilted his head slightly, his eyes staring into mine like they had done so many times before.