twelve

God wanted me alive, that in itself felt like a miracle to me. I stared out Reena's bedroom at the red roses in the garden. It was something I had done the entire time I had been dead and no one lived in the house.

Reena was asleep, and my arms were crossed over my chest. Sunlight streamed through the window and it was almost like it was yesterday when I had turned around to first see Reena walk into the room.

I smiled gently at the memory of her unpacking her belongings, setting up the room to her taste. I had been watching from a distance, simply taken by her beauty. Of course, she had looked like my last partner but those thoughts had left my mind when she had caught me standing by her window that same night.

We had both been through so much together and a big part of me was more than grateful that I still had her in the end.

Of course, there was still one big question. What next?

Reena shifted in the sheets, and I turned to look at her as her hand patted the empty spit where I should have been laying. She sat up in bed quickly, her eyes finding me.

"Hey, is everything okay?" She asked, her voice still rough with sleep.

"Yeah. Just thinking." I replied as I dropped my hands and walked towards her.

Her brows furrowed as I sat down in the mattress. Her hand slid up my back before touching my jaw gently.

"Talk to me." Reena said, her tone soft.

"What do we do now? For the first time, in a long time.. we don't have anyone chasing us." I said, facing her.

Her other hand entwined with mine, sliding across the bedsheet.

"We live a normal life. We work, we grow old, we get married and have children." Reena replied.

"You want that? From me? Children and the whole white picket fence?" I asked.

"I want every thing with you." She said as she leaned in.

Her lips ghosted across my jaw before planting a soft kiss on the corner of my mouth.

"Reena." I breathed out.

I needed to voice my concern, and I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"Yes?" She whispered.

"What if I can't give you children? I've been dead and alive so many times. What if I disappoint you in the life you so truly deserve." I stated, tilting away from her.

"Family doesn't end in blood, Loki. There are other ways we can have a family." Reena replied.

Her hand skimmed down the front of my bare chest. I felt her warm breath on my shoulder before placing a kiss there.

"So we're just one normal family." I said, looking at her.

She nodded.

"You and me against the world like always. Like it will always be" Reena said as she pulled at me.

She laid back onto the mattress as I moved to hover over her. Lifting my hand, I let it caress the side of her face, the back of my fingers brushing her hair back, my fingertips ghosting his skin. Small mountains of bumps erupted across her skin at my touch.

Her mouth curved into a grin as I studied her. She was so beautiful, so pure and real. Reena was the love of my life, and I knew I couldn't live without her. No matter how much I could have tried.

"I love you." I said surely.

My other hand slipped under the pillow case as I lowered my head to press a gentle kiss on the tip of her shoulder and then, shifted to place a kiss on the top of her breast. Sighing in content, Reena closed her eyes. Her smile still wicked.

"I love you too." She whispered, her hands dropping from my back and falling back to the bed.

My fingers wrapped around the somethimg under the pillow and I sat up, sitting back on her hips. Almost as if I was straddling her.

"You are the light of my life, sun to my darkness. Hope to my despair. I cannot and will not live without you." I whispered, before lowering my lips to hers.

Her soft lips molded carefully against mine, as if they were both puzzles pieces, a perfect fit.

Reema smiled, her eyes still closed as I pulled back.

The hand that held the object moved to hover exactly where I needed it to. My other hand grabbed the hilt of the athame and lifted both hands up.

"Loki?" Reena whispered as she opened her eyes.

In one quick movement, my hands thrust downwards and the athame sunk deep into Reena's chest. Her eyes exploded wide in terror, blood coughing from her mouth as a scream left her lips.

"L-" she coughed my name, her hands reaching up to the hilt of the ceremonial knife.

I sunk back onto my heels again, before looking at her.  She coughed again, blood spattering her chim and dribbled down from her mouth as she looked at me in horror.

My beautiful Reena.

Her head fell back against the pillow and her hands collasped onto her stomach, her breathing rasping before falling silent. I blinked.

Pulling the knife out, I lifted it before me and studied the ruby red blood that dropped from the blade. My head tilted to the side.

I took the blade and dropped it to the floor beside the bed before turning and flopping back down to lay on the mattress. My fingers entwined with Reena's.

"I love you so much." I whispered.

With a shout, I shot up. Sweat dripped from my forehead and my wake up jostled Reena from her sleep.

"Loki? What's wrong?" She managed to rasp out as she opened one eye to look at me.

I turned my head to see her slowly sit up, blinkimg away the sleep with worry.

"Sorry. Sorry. I had a bad dream." I said quickly.

It had felt so real. So real that I could feel it as if it was real. I shook my head before running a hand through my damp hair.

"Come back to bed. I'll protect you." Reena muttered as she slowly fell back asleep.

I cast my eyes skyward.

If he was up there and listening, surely he could give me a sign. Tell me why he had allowed me to come back.

The worry nawed at me until I fell back asleep, wrapped in Reena's embrace.

I killed her seven more times before the sun rose.

A/N

Sorry for the late update. I had writers block but I heard this song and bam! Here I am
T xx