seven

Reena:

"Loki. Stop it!" I exclaimed as I followed him.

He said nothing as he trudged through the field.

"Loki!" I scolded.

He turned around, causing me to stop and I glared at him.

"What are you doing here, Reena? Why exactly are you following me out into the field. It's clear you don't give a damn about me, so go away!" He  snapped.

"I don't give a damn about you? Stop it! You know I care about you! You're my longest friend!"

"But not the love of your life right? No. That's someone else now." Loki replied.

My eyes widened.

"You told me to move on! You told me to keep moving through life so I did and now you're mad at me? What the hell!" I exclaimed.

"Because I'm back Reena. I'm back. I'm right here and this is the first decent conversation we've had. How do you think that makes me feel?" He yelled.

"How dare you! I lost you, not the other way around!"

Loki stepped forwards.

"I was stuck on that road for weeks! I called out for you to help me!"

I straightened, watching him as he stood before me with his hands balled by his side. I shook my head.

"I'm not doing this." I said, turning around to leave.

"Good! Leave then! Leave just like you did back then!" He snapped.

I closed my eyes, anger filling me quickly.

"I left you?" I asked quietly.

Loki didn't say anything so I whirled around.

"I LEFT YOU?" I screamed.

I moved towards him before I even knew what was happening and I jumped at him. He caught me but fell, with me landing on top of him. I pummeled his chest, his hands moving to stop me.

"YOU DECIDED TO DIE!" I screamed, my eyes whelling and the tears flowed freely.

He caught my hands and stopped my movements by rolling us over.

"It was my time to die. I had to!" Loki exclaimed.

"No you didn't! We were going to get married. You were going to live!" I struggled against him.

My hands slipped from his grasp and he tried hard to regain it. I pushed at me.

"You're the one who asked me! You're the one who decided to walk through that fucking door. I begged you not to go. But you did anyway!" I exclaimed.

I gave up fighting and my head thunked against the dirt. Loki sighed.

"I had to, Reena. I had to go. I was tired." He stated.

I didn't say anything as he let go of my hands.

"Stop blaming me for moving one when you're the one who decided to leave me and die in the first place." I said, as Loki flopped at the grass beside me.

I sat up, brushing the dirt off of my dress.

"I don't belong here anymore." He said, as I turned my head to look at him.

He was staring at the empty field.

"The world has moved on and I need to as well. I should've died on that stupid staircase." He sighed out.

"But we wouldn't have met." I replied.

Our eyes met.

"Maybe that would've been a good thing."

My heart wrenched and I looked down.

"No. It wouldn't have." I said before glancing at him again.

He moved quickly, cupping my jaw and pulling me in. Loki's mouth was on mine and immediately, the familiarity welcomed me like an old friend. I fell into it, gripping his arm as he held me.

Our mouths molded together, our tongues clashing, even as he pulled me onto his lap.

My hands reached into his hair and ran my nails across his scalp, tugging the ends of his hair gently. He responded by turning us over and laying me back on the ground.

My back arched as he left a kiss on my lips before attacking my neck with sweet torture. My eyes closed and I gasped.

My eyes opened again as he kissed my lips again, and I felt his weight slightly as he held himself above me.

I wanted to pull him down, to let him have me. I wanted everything he was giving me and more. His touch was heavenly as his hand travelled down my body to secure between my legs.

I wanted him so bad.

Scott never wante- SCOTT

My eyes darted open and immediately I broke away from Loki, crawling back until I knew I had enough distance to breathe and think.

"Reena?" Loki asked, confused.

"I'm engaged. I'm engaged, Loki." I stated, watching as a shadow crossed his face.

Loki sat up and sighed, running a hand through his messy black hair.

"Right. Best you go." He said, barely glancing at me.

"Are yo-"

"Yes." Loki replied.

I stood up.

"Don't do it, Loki. Just stay alive. Not for just your sake but for Aria and Luke. They're your family."

"I'm nothing without you." He said, also getting to his feet.

"And I've made peace with that." He added.

He walked past me and I watched him walk away. I wanted to call out to him, beg him to come back and give life a chance.

I looked down at the engagement ring on my finger. Slowly turning away, I walked back to Luke's house.

They were sitting on their steps, talking quietly when Aria spotted me. She stood before realising that Loki wasn't with me.

"It's all my fault." I said when I reached them.

Luke stood up and shook his head.

"No. This is just the one thing that no one can take fall for. He didn't even both to say goodbye to me. Since he's come back, it's just not him."

"We're all not the same." I replied, glancing at Aria.

"Oh Reena." She said sadly.

"He kissed me. And I kissed him back. I didn't even think, it was just do and it was so familiar." I admitted, rubbing my forehead.

Aria squeezed me into a hug.

"This is all my fault. Loki wants to die because he's nothing without me." I quoted.

"If Loki can't realise that he had another chance at life, another chance to make something of himself than maybe, uh maybe it is best he goes." Luke replied.

I had loved him once, and as I looked back out at the field, my throat closed. Technically, I hadn't stopped.