five

Loki:

I shrugged my jacket on, straightening the collar before bending down to grab my sunglasses. I slipped them on and walked from my room.

My steps echoed as I walked down the stairs, I gave the cuffs on my jacket a dust off.

Luke had graciously let me stay in his house until I figured out what I was doing, and I was figuring it out. I had spent the last week working alongside Luke's father and he seemed grateful that someone was interested in his work.

Picking the car keys from the glass dish, I headed towards the garage.

"Where are you going?" Aria asked as I walked past.

"Out." I replied, as I opened the door.

"Don't crash the car!" She yelled.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yes. Mom." I replied as I unlocked it and climbed in.

The engine roared to life as the garage door opened. I sped from the house and down the street. The silver Mustang gleamed in the sun, the roar of the engine had been modified to be louder.

People on the streets looked as I drove past. I made it to the office and climbed out, closing the door with a snap and headed for the front doors.

"Hey Loki!" Samantha exclaimed as I walked through.

I ignored her.

Pressing the button for the elevator, I waited for the doors to open. I stepped in and waited to leave.

"Hold it!" A voice called out.

Reena's fiance rushed into the elevator and skidded to a stop.

"Thanks." He breathed out.

I looked away, saying nothing.

The elevator went up and we both seemed to be heading to the same floor. The doors opened and I stepped out.

"Mr Heywood. Please take a seat." The receptionist said as he followed me.

"Loki. He'll see you now." Laura said to me.

I flashed her a smile and lowered my glasses to the tip of my nose.

"Oh Laura, you're so kind to me." I flirted.

She blushed as I walked past and opened the doors to Mr Brigg's office.

"I'm here." I stated as I walked towards and empty seat and flopped down.

"Good. We have a potential business partner out there waiting and I would hate to have to wait on you." Mr Briggs replied, looking up from his laptop.

"I showed at least." I replied, with a sigh.

"Do you know who he is?" He asked me.

"I do. But do I care? No. She means nothing to me." I stated.

My father figure looked at me with worry.