one

Reena:

"First day out into the real world, how do you feel?" Aria asked as I packed up my suitcase.

"Deathly afraid, you know that even if we are countries apart, I'm always going to love you." I said, turning to look at her.

"I know. Besides you'll be back. Greenville is your home and Luke and I will be here to welcome you back." She stated with a smile.

"Speaking of. Where is your devil of a fiance?" I asked, pulling my suitcase off the bed.

"In Loki's room." Aria replied hesitantly.

"Do you think he's going to be okay?" I asked, tilting my head.

"It's been over four years now, Reena. Luke will be fine. They're beginning to clear the stuff out, I guess Mr Briggs thought it was finally time." Aria replied.

"Is Scott going with you?" Aria asked, as we walked from the room.

"Aha yeah he is. He wants to spend a few weeks with me before he goes back to work, and since we're in the UK, he wants to see some castles." I replied with a roll of my eyes.

"God you are so lucky!"

"Hey." Luke's voice interrupted.

Both turned to see Luke Briggs straightening his jacket as he walked down the stairs.

"Is that?" I trailed off.

He glanced down.

"Yeah. Sorry. Do you mind if I keep it?" Luke asked, as he touched the jacket that Loki once wore.

I shook my head.

"Of course not." I replied.

"So UK! Excited?" Luke asked, as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Very." I replied.

A knock at the door signaled that Scott was waiting at the front and I turned to my two best friends.

"I'm going to miss you so much!" I exclaimed before pulling Aria in for a squeeze.

She laughed before hugging me back. I did the same to Luke.

"Just don't forget us." Luke said gently as he pulled away.

"I would never." I replied.

I took my bag and sent them a kiss before walking towards the front doors and opening them to see Scott, my boyfriend waiting on the steps.

"Wow. Look at you, you look beautiful." He said as I gave him a smile.

"Why thank you, good sir. You're not too bad yourself." I replied, grinning.

"Oh this? Pretty sure I pulled it out from my high school formal days." Scott replied as he tugged his suit jacket.

I reached him and he helped me down the stairs.

"You look stunning." He whispered before planting a kiss on my cheek.

I blushed as he opened the door to his Audi.

"I can't wait til it's just you, me and lots of rainy days by the fire." Scott said as I hopped in.

He took my bag and put it in the back before closing my door and walking around to the drivers side.

"Curled up in the blankets?" I teased as he slid into his seat.

"Mmm sounds like heaven." He replied, sending me a wink.

The car started and Scott began driving.

"So firstly, I want to put down some ground rules." I said as I looked at him.

"I'm listening." He replied.

"One. No work. I love you but you're always switched on. I'm sure the company can function without you for a few weeks." I said, folding my hands in my lap.

"I already organised for my father to watch the company while I was away." Scott replied.

"Tw-" I was about to set the other ground rule when I glanced in the side mirror to see a figure standing in the middle of the road behind us.

"Scott!" I suddenly yelled, making Scott swerve before braking hard.

"What?" He asked, his eyes wide and breathing heavy when the car came to a halt.

I undid my seatbelt and opened the door, climbing out.

"Hey. What's going on!" Scott yelled.

The figure was gone. A figment of my imagination. I swear I saw it. I thought I had see- no.

"Babe?" Scott asked, through the window.

"It's nothing." I said as I slowly turned around.

"Help me!"

I screamed, falling back as Loki stood before me, raising his hand.

"REENA!" Scott exclaimed as he jumped out of the car.

"Reena! Help me!" Loki screamed.

He looked different. Older.

He reached his hand out and then Scott was there. Loki disappeared into a cloud of black smoke that didn't seem to affect Scott.

My elbows were scratched from hitting the ground but Scott pulled me up with ease.

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked, pulling me into his arms.

I had seen Loki.

"God you're shaking like a leaf." Scott whispered as he wrapped his arms around me.

It was impossible. Loki had crossed to the other side, and rejoined with his parents in Heaven.

"I'm okay." I breathed out.

Scott pulled back and cupped my cheeks.

"You scared the living daylights out of me." He stated.

"I know. I'm sorry." I said, gaining my composure.

"What was that? What did you see?" He asked, tilting my head.

I could tell him. He could know. Tell him at least some of the truth, not all.

"I saw a man." I whispered.

"A man? Baby, it's the middle of nowhere?" Scott stated.

"I know. I know, I just- I saw him, Scott. And he was scary, like horrifying." I lied.

"Maybe we shouldn't go today." Scott said worringly.

"I'm fine. I promise. Let's just get out of here." I said, as I took his hand.

As the car restarted, I glanced in the mirror again and didn't see him. He wanted help. Loki wanted help. Was he in danger? Was he hurting?

I sent Luke a message, telling him to investigate this stretch of road.

He sent a question mark back but I just sent back four words.

I just saw Loki.

A/N

Yay! First chapter!
What did y'all think?