fifteen

"So what? You're some kind of demon now?" Reena asked, her leg jiggling as she tapped her foot quickly on the ground.

"Fallen angel." Luke corrected her.

"We don't know what I am. All I know is that, I cannot be anything good because anything good cannot look like that." I replied, sending Luke a look.

"Why can't we just have a normal life? Throughout high school, I dated you as a ghost.. and then you were real but turning back into a ghost, and you get saved one more time but now you're some kind of fallen angel, demon type thing? Is the world playing a huge cosmic joke on us?" Reena asked, annoyed.

"I wish I could tell you Reena. I truly wish I could, I'm not sure how this happened. I don't exactly get an invitation to the 'Shit we can do to Loki' weekly meeting." I replied, angrily.

Luke glanced between us.

"Why don't we all just take a deep breath?" Luke suggested.

"Oh god. What have I done? Why do I continue to ruin my own life like this? Loki, I don't know if I can handle this anymore. This is officially too much!" Reena exclaimed.

There was silence as Luke placed his head in his hands.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I asked slowly, crossing my arms.

Reena looked away.

"Think about this very carefully, Reena and choose your words wisely." I added.

"Being a ghost was one thing. But, Angels, Demons, Witches and this... I-" Reena trailed off.

"Witches." Luke said, lifting his head.

I glanced over at him.

"What?" Reena and I asked at the same time.

"Witches. Who knows more about the old religion more than witches? Those that still practice could probably tell us what kind of thimg we're facing here." Luke said, standing up.

I watched him wearily.

"Reena. You're a female in the Kershaw lineage, that makes you a witch, or part witch in a way. It's in your bloo-"

"Yeah a demon told me once that I was a witch. I always thought maybe that was why I could see Loki, but I never really thought about it for anything else." Reena spoke up, her eyes widening.

"You both lost me." I said, looking at them.

"If witches could tell us what kind of thing we're dealing with, than surely there would be a spell remedy, who better to cast it than the woman you love." Luke said with a shrug.

"Except, and forgive my brashness my love, Reena kinda doesn't know what the hell she's doing." I replied, after glancing at her.

"Maybe I can find a mentor." Reena asked.

"No." I said firmly.

They both looked at me.

"You already do too much. I cannot ask you to do this as well. You have work commitments, friends and things to do. I'd rather you spend your time on that then-"

"Then what? The man I love? The man that has died three times and not only that, died for me?" Reena asked, glaring at me.

"Luke. Will you excuse us for a moment?" I asked, glancing at my brother.

He nodded and left the room. Reena sat back down, her hands in her lap.

"Reena." I breathed out.

"No. No you don't get to say my name like that because everytime you, you tell me that you have to die or that this could never work or some other bullshit lie!" Reena snapped.

"You just said this was too much for you, I'm giving you an out!"

"There is no out for me, Loki! I love you. I love you so much and now that we may have an actual fucking chance, I'm going to be there every step of the way!" She exclaimed back.

"We can't keep doing this." I sighed.

"Then don't. Stop telling me to leave you, that I could have a better life with someone else. I tried that and yet, here I am." Reena replied, standing up.

She took my hands and pulled me in closer.

"I don't want to hurt you." I said quietly.

"You won't." Reena replied.

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do, Loki. Because it's you. You would never hurt me."

Leaning my head forward, our foreheads rested on each others. Our breath mingling, the tips of our noses brushing together.

"We do this together, okay?" Reena asked.

"Okay." I replied.

She tilted her head slightly, her lips brushing across mine. Not letting her get away, I captured them in solid weak kneed kiss. My hands moving to entangle in her hair. She gave a soft moan before pulling away, her hand lifting to her mouth.

Pulling it away, blood dotted the tip of her finger.

"Did I do that?" I asked, taking a step back.

"No. You just pinned my lip to my teeth. It's fine. I'm fine." Reena said with a small smile.

"I'm sorry." I said.

She shook her head.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. It was just a pinned lip, it happens. I'm okay. Promise." Reena said, leaning forward to press a gentle kiss to my lips.

"Luke!" Reena called out as she stepped back.

The door opened and Luke reentered.

"Do you happen to know any witches?" Reena asked, as I tore my eyes from her to look at him.

"I do but they're not the mentoring kind. I'd suggest giving me a few days to find the right witch but I'm not really sure how many days we have." Luke said, glancing at me.

"You can have your few days, I'm sure I can hold off any demonic type thing that may happen to me until we find the right witch. We can't go into this half assed." I said, straightening my shoulders.

"Okay. Well I'll get started on the search, everything sound good?" Luke asked, looking to me for confirmation.

I nodded and he jogged out of the room.

Reena sighed.

"We better pull this off."

"We will."