Chapter Ten

Alright, I made this chapter a tad bit longer. Be sure to let me know what you think ;)

-------------------------------------------

Recap from Chapter Nine

Right as I was about to drink down the rest of my wine cooler I felt someone grab my behind. I snapped around and was about to strike before someone grabbed my wrist and blocked me. It was Seth. Fantastic.

"Aw babe, don't be that way." He slurred and tried sticking his tongue down my throat. His lips smashed painfully against mine and I tried pulling away, but his grip was too strong.

Someone came from behind him and pulled him off. After that everything happened in slow motion. Seth was being beaten down by this incredibly hot buff dude and I was the damsel in distress. Kind of unusual for me.

Once Seth gave up the fight the man came up and walked over to me, "You okay?"

I paused. No way... That couldn't be him, could it?

CHAPTER TEN

Sam's been my best friend since preschool. Except we kind of lost touch when he moved to Washington when his dad lost his job about three years ago. So why he is standing right in front of me, asking if I was okay, had the effect to baffle me.

"Sam?" I locked eyes with him and realized by the dark blue color of his eyes defiantly matched Sam's.

I continued to look him up and down. Okay, so the muscular biceps and the toned six pack was new but I wasn't complaining; he still had the same dirty blond hair and goofy grin. Yup, this was my Sam.

"Hey Paula." His goofy grin widened as he helped me to get away from the crowd. We sat down on the beach and I checked behind me to make sure Seth wasn't anywhere close. "Are you okay? He didn't hurt you, did he?"

I was still staring at him. "Sam?"

"Yes Paula, I'm here. You already asked that." He chuckled.

I snapped out of it. "But how? Why didn't you call and tell me you were in town? Ohmygosh you look so different! Are you back in Redding to stay?! Are-"

"Slow down." He interrupted, placing his hand over my mouth to silence me. Was I really talking that fast? "I just got here this morning and I'm only staying for the summer." He removed his hand from my lips and I nodded.

"Oh."

He laughed again. "So what have I missed besides the fact that you're dating a movie star?"

My jaw dropped subconsciously. "What? Wait, do you mean Ryan?" He waited for me to continue. I just burst out laughing. "Me and Ryan? Never."

"I just read it online during the drive down though..."

"Yeah... I kind of assisted that rumor this morning..." I muttered. "But it's a lie. I would never date Ryan Everheart. I'm not into stuck up guys." Sam only laughed at me again. "So how's Washington?"

"Cold. Not like Redding. All the girls there are annoying too. Kind of, oh I don't know, stuck up?" he teased. I laughed. "But I saved up some money to visit everyone here. Kristen called me and she set up this party thing for me to surprise you."

My heart fluttered and I smiled, "So then that whole stunt with Seth was supposed to be your grand entrance?"

His face suddenly turned serious, "No. That guy's an ass. I would never have someone like him try and do that to you on purpose." Sam's blue eyes shone into mine I felt him pulling closer to me. His hand slowly brushed mine and his hands were rough, but his touch was gentle. Sam slid a little closer and lent in closer. Ohmygosh is he going to-