Chapter Fourteen

Recap from Chapter Thirteen

After my hair was done she began applying the makeup and I feared what I would look like when she was finished with me. I had to admit though, it was nice spending time with her. I hadn't done something like this in a while.

"Hey Mom. Me and Andrew are gonna head out. A group of us are going down town to-" I could hear Taylor's voice stop as he stared right at me speechless.

My eyes widened, "Ohmygosh what?!" I screeched.

I knew it. I knew it. I knew it! I must look like Godzilla or something.

I tried facing the mirror but Mom wouldn't let me.

"I'm almost done Pauly, just wait two seconds." Mom hissed, applying the last bit of lip gloss before letting me turn around.

I stood there, in front of the mirror speechless.

Well one thing's for sure, the person staring back at me wasn't Godzilla. But I don't know where I am in the mirror because that face staring back at me sure as hell isn't me.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The girl looking back at me had eyes so green that I was blinded. The edges of her eyes were outlined in a dark black eye liner and her eye lashes were longer than ever before. Her complexion looked flawless and her lips were lined in a light pink with a plain lip stick and a glossy finish.

Her blond hair looked incredible. It's bright blonde color drifted to below her shoulders and her chest with breezy curls that somewhat faded at the tips. Volume and intensity defined it.

I could not believe that the girl staring back at me was my own reflection.

Turning back to Mom and Taylor I could see that Dad, Andrew, and Anthony had also joined the show and I could feel myself blushing. I hated being in the spotlight. It didn't help that their jaws were on the floor either.

"I'm gonna go change. Thanks Mom."

I moved slowly away from them and still no one spoke. Mom on the other hand was clearly proud of her work and as I left Taylor high fived her.

I slipped on the thin strapped dress and realized that I needed someone to weave the back of my dress. I peeked out the door and called Mom. She came immediately.

"Whatcha need hun?" she entered the room and saw my dress completely. "Ohmygod!"

I gasped, "What's wrong?!"

She calmed down then laughed, "That dress is gorgeous Paula! Where'd you get it?"

I shrugged, "This store down town. It was on clearance so..."

"We could have paid for the dress..." Mom tilted her head in disapproval. "My baby girl only has her senior prom once in a lifetime."

I shrugged, "It's no big deal. Can you tie up the back of my dress?" I asked.

"Of course," she walked over and tied up the multiple strings leading the back of my bare back exposed in the gaps. Thank God the dress had built in padding. However, when the dress was completely tied, I didn't realize how much it pushed against my chest, making me feel uncomfortable and exposed.

The dress was white; which made me look that much more like a porcelain doll than usual. The boldness of my hair complemented the simple dress that gathered in two separate spots and held tight at my waist, making my waist look extremely thin. Below those gatherings the dress still held a bit tighter to my body but it let out the most at the bottom. I found it extremely flattering on me, if I do say so myself.