Chapter Eight

Sorry it took so long to upload! Next chapter will be longer, i promise! comment/vote <3

CHAPTER EIGHT

Once I got into the car he hit the pedal. I couldn't believe how fast this car could go!

He cut off people, heading towards the 900 exit where he sped down to the stoplight and ran a red light.

"Slow down!" I cried, gripping the side of the door and the front of the car. He didn't even have his seatbelt on! "You're going to get us killed!"

Ryan turned to me with a smirk but gradually slowed down. He was still going about 20 over the speed limit.

I shook my head back and forth, "No. Stop the car! I'm getting out!" He didn't respond. "Let me out now!"

He pulled a tight right and turned into the gravel, taking the car to a complete stop. I swung my door open and ran out. Pulling the keys out of the ignition he followed me.

There was no reason to be driving that fast! The paparazzi was far behind us and no one would see us here. He was crazy!

"What the hell was that whole stunt back there?!" I shouted towards him. He just shrugged. "You could have gotten us killed back there!"

"No."

"No?"

"Yeah, no."

"No what?!" I said angrily.

"No, we wouldn't have died." He chuckled.

"Oh? And how are you so sure of that?" I snapped.

He only walked closer with his hands in his jean pockets. "I just know."

I laughed. "Okay well you can go risk your life in that car but I will not." I took my backpack from the backseat and started walking towards the house.

"Where are you going?" He called after me.

"Home! And away from you!"

"Why?"

Why?! Was he deaf??

"Why? Well here's a why question for you: Why are you here?" I demanded, turning back to him abruptly.

He watched me for a minute and I could see him putting up a wall.

"Fine. Don't tell me, but I'm not driving in that car with you."

I turned around and kept walking away. He was soon following behind me.

"It's a ten mile walk."

"Then I guess I'll just see you at dinner." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on. Just get back in the car."

"No." I continued my stride.

"Please?"

I shook my head.

"I'll let you drive."

I slowly came to a stop and thought for a moment. I turned around and walked back to the car, with him grinning wildly.

I sat myself in the front seat and pulled the seat up. I turned to Ryan who was watching me curiously.

"If we crash, it's your fault."

He had no objection to my compromise and he silently sat in the front seat as I put the car into gear and smiled. This would be fun.

Back at the house, Ryan and I went to the kitchen to find something to eat. He sat at the counter watching me.