Chapter Nine!

Recap from chapter Eight:

I finally got to the driver's side and tried unlocking the door but people kept persisting. "Listen! I'm only going to say this once!" Everyone was silent. What came next, I didn't even expect. "Yes! Ok?! Yes. Me and Ryan are dating. Now get out of my way!" I slammed my way through the people and opened the car door, with more questions being darted at me. I pulled out right in time before I saw Kristen watching me among the crowd looking like she was about to cry.

CHAPTER NINE!

I got back to my house around seven and went straight to my room, taking a quick shower trying to drain out my day. Today wasn't going exactly how I planned. I didn't know if it'd be right to go to the party, or if I really wanted to. The way I left things, it seemed like Kristen heard everything I said, and she and Ryan were the real thing, right? However, I still found myself putting on my bathing suit and new clothes over it, then pounding on Taylor's door for him to give me a ride because he was taking the boat out to the party.

I called out his name but he wouldn't answer the door. I opened it cautiously to see Taylor lying in bed with all the lights turned out. Then I heard noises that I really, really hoped not to hear. The woman with him had bright blond hair and I backed out of the room before I saw anything else. I prayed they didn't see me. When I closed the door, I turned around quickly to see Ryan standing there with his eyes wide.

"You didn't just..." he waited for me to answer but then laughed. "Oh, you did."

I shook my head, "I did not need to see that." I made a gagged voice. Sadly that wasn't the first time I walked into something like that with Taylor. He was always having girls over, a different one each time. Not something me and Mom were too fond of.

"Come on, Taylor gave me the keys to the truck and the boat so we can take off now if you're ready."

I looked him up and down, "Why are you being so nice?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about. But in the car we need to talk."

"About?"

"You know exactly what."

I waited but he didn't respond and I followed him outside. I threw my bag in the back of the truck and hopped into the passenger side of the truck. We stayed silent for half of the ride to Whiskey Town Lake and only when he turned down the music did I realize he was acting serious.

"What'd you tell the press?"

My eyes widened. He already heard that? Oh great.

"I didn't tell them anything." I lied.

"Then what's this?" He tossed me a PEOPLE magazine with me in front of his car looking like I was going to murder the camera man.

"Me looking like I'm about to kill someone?" I teased.

"Turn to page twenty-one."

I looked over the pages to see an article where my school picture along with tons of pictures of me then some of me and Ryan all over the page. Hearts were circling some of the pictures and I could feel part of me gag. Next to the picture was in big, bold letters: PAULA ADMITS TO RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HER AND RYAN TODAY AT THE SHASTA MALL. Below the heading was in italic: Yes. Me and Ryan are dating." -Paula.

"I-" I was at a draw with words.

"My agent has been calling off the hook about that." Ryan focused on the road. "He's saying my ratings have been skyrocketing," he turned to me and smiled. "Just because you told the paparazzi we were a couple."

"But we aren't! I lied! They were just pissing me off!" I said in defense slamming the paper down.

"Read the rest of the article."

Simple country girl grabs the attention of Hollywood's Heartthrob! Attending an academically efficient school in Northern California, Paula Reith has Ryan Everheart by her hook ever since he arrived in Redding just a few days ago.

Rumors have it that the bashful couple, refusing to come out with their relationship status, have been meeting up at local parties and some say Ryan is even staying with the Reith family for the summer because of an old friendship with Paula's brother Taylor. This new gossip has fans everywhere questioning who Paula Reith is and how a famous Hollywood star fell in love with this simple, small town girl.

Well, our questions have been answered when Paula came clean in the Mount Shasta Mall in Redding California when attempting to get to Ryan's car that she was apparently loaned. She told PEOPLE that they were indeed a couple then rushed off into the sunset, who would have known Ryan was into the feisty blonds?

I threw the paper in the back of the truck when we pulled up to the dock and got on the boat. What the Hell?! How did that even get posted so quickly? Me and Ryan weren't a couple, no matter what I said. And we were defiantly not in love. Ewe. If I wanted to fall in love with a movie star I would have chosen someone like Taylor Lautner or Channing Tatum, why the hell would I choose Ryan Everheart?

As Ryan jumped in the boat with me I started up the engine and pulled back into the lake. People were already crowding Kristen's usual choice for an island party. Figures. I turned to see what Ryan was doing and oddly, he had his shirt off watching me.

"Why'd you take off your shirt? It's freezing?" I referred to the time too, it was nine. But never did I tell him that he could keep his shirt off, I liked the view. I mean an eight pack wasn't exactly blinding.

"I'm just that hot." He winked up at me and I turned away to 'park' the boat. Ryan got off and helped but the girls had pretty much distracted him already considering they were swarming the boat.

I jumped off and kept the keys with me and slipped off my top, throwing it in the boat. If Ryan could do it, so could I. Except I was wearing my new bathing suit underneath so it was okay.

I spotted Kristen across the island by their fire and began to walk over slowly. Was she still upset from earlier today?

"Hey! Paula! Get your ass over here and meet Seth!" Kristen shouted, apparently we were cool?

I jogged over and sat down next to Kristen as she laughed loudly. Someone had obviously had a few drinks while I was gone.

"Paula this is Seth, he's from Foothill." She leaned into me. "He's a senior and really good in bed-so I hear." She pulled back and winked and me obviously.

I looked up to him and said hi. I could tell he had been drinking too. Fantastic.

"Hey babe," he leaned down next to me and caressed my shoulder. I pulled away. "How old are you?"

"Seventeen..." I gave him a dirty look. This guy better not try anything. Before he could though, I pulled away and walked to the cooler. "Be right back."

I took and wine cooler from the ice chest and gulped half of it down. It was going to be one of those nights.

Right as I was about to drink down the rest of my wine cooler I felt someone grab my behind. I snapped around and was about to strike before someone grabbed my wrist and blocked me. It was Seth. Fantastic.

"Aw babe, don't be that way." He slurred and tried sticking his tongue down my throat. His lips smashed painfully against mine and I tried pulling away, but his grip was too strong.

Someone came from behind him and pulled him off. After that everything happened in slow motion. Seth was being beaten down by this incredibly hot buff dude and I was the damsel in distress. Kind of unusual for me.

Once Seth gave up the fight the man came up and walked over to me, "You okay?"

I paused. No way... That couldn't be him, could it?

___________________________________

OOOH! Who could it be?! Do you think it's Ryan or maybe a new character?? or maybe an old but new character??? Be sure to comment and share your thoughts/ideas of who it could be! The sooner you comment the sooner you get to know (: Thanks to everyone who's been reading :P