Ch.5 Frozen Darkness

A/N: This is dedicated to Lovegood394 for always giving wonderful comments! <3 Thanks so much! :D

Ch.5 Frozen Darkness

"Thea?"

I groaned and rolled over. "What?" I muttered.

"Santa sent me to get you up." Isaac said in his sweet voice.

"Ok," I dragged myself out of bed, took Isaac's hand and walked towards the door. One of the yetis was waiting there and guided me and Isaac back towards the room where I ate the first golden sandy apple.

"What's that Thea?" Isaac asked as North handed me the apple.

"Food," I shrugged and took a bite. As I did so, I glanced outside. It was around dawn and the sun was coming up. I'm used to waking up during dark since Dad couldn't stand the dark and Mom became used to always being in the dark.

I took only one bite of the apple because I knew it was made out of sand and I didn't really like the idea of sand filling me up. Sandy gestured towards me to eat more after I took two bites and stopped. I gave him a pouty look. Sandy made an eating motion and then he waved his arm around indicating that he was going to extract the black sand from me.

I looked at the apple in dismay. "If you wont eat it, I will!" Isaac piped up happily. "It looks tasty!" He started to reach for it.

"That's ok, buddy." I pull the apple a bit out of his reach. "I'll eat more." I reluctantly take a bit. Sandy smiles in appreciation.

I end up eating it all, but very slowly. I grimaced as I felt leftover sand stick in my throat. Sandy moved closer and touched my arm lightly. "What is he doing?" Isaac came closer to me and watched out of curiosity. No one answered him, not even me. My eyes were too busy fixed on Sandy. He started to draw his hand back slowly, black sand following out of my body. "Thea!" Isaac shrieked in surprise.

Sandy jerked his arm at Isaac's sudden loudness. The sand that he pulled out that didn't turn gold started to swarm around me. I stared at it. I felt a strange feeling, like the black sand was waiting for a command; my command. It swirled around me faster, and I twisted my head to keep up.

Sandy looked panicked as he reached his hand out to catch the black sand. The sand danced away from his fingers and headed away from him.

"What's going on?" Jack entered the room, swinging his staff around. "Oh," He looked up and gripped his staff and pointed it at the sand. He fired some frost at it and the black sand fell to the ground, frozen in frost and ice. It sparkled in the sunset light. "Well, that was exciting." Jack walked over to the fallen, frozen icy black sand. "Watcha want me to do with this?" he asked Sandy.

Sandy pointed at himself and nodded, showing that he would take care of it. He created a whip with the gold sand and whipped the frozen dark sand. It turned gold and melted a little. He whipped it again and the ice and frost were gone and the gold sand burst loose. Sandy smiled as the sand disappeared. He put his whip away and smirked as if to say 'and that's how it's done.'

Just then, Tooth, Baby Tooth and Bunnymund entered the room. "Who's this other one?" Bunnymund tipped his head towards Isaac.

"Athena's brother." North explained.

"Has he lost any teeth yet?" Tooth asked as Baby Tooth came zooming over to me.

"No," I answered. Baby Tooth was about a foot away from my face. She gave me a bashful smile. I returned the smile, not knowing why she came near me after she avoided me yesterday.

"She says she's sorry how she acted yesterday." Tooth explained as she flew over near me. "She knows now that you're good and that you wont harm her." Baby Tooth smiled and nodded her head eagerly.