Ch.3 Daddy Comes

A/N: Today is 12/12/12!!!!!! This kind of date wont happen again for a LONG time! Hope everyone had a nice day! (or good sleep depending on when you read this.) So sit back, relax and enjoy the chapter :D

Ch. 3 Daddy Comes

The Guardians kept staring at me. Did I say something wrong? I clutched Jack's hoddie nervously. "Did I do something?" I asked, looking up at Jack.

"No," Jack sighed and gazed at me with his ice blue eyes. "It's just," he broke off. "It's-"

"Hard to explain." I finished the sentence for him and let go of his hoodie. "Can I go home?" I felt nervous and Bunnymund was glaring at me.

Jack glanced at the others and Sandman made a question mark above his head in sand. Bunnymund was fiddling with his boomerang. "Oi, mate." He gestured Jack over and the other Guardians got in a little huddle.

"Just a moment," Jack set me down and I felt warmer now that he wasn't near me. He went and joined the others in their circle. I stood there, looking around.

I didn't know where I was, but it had a big globe in the middle of the room, just like we have at home. It was all lit up, also like the one at home. Almost everything around the room had some red and it looked festive. There was a window that I could see the moon out of. It was still big and bright, but higher in the sky than when I rode the Nightmare.

Dad always told me to avoid the moon. But Dad wasn't here now so I guessed I was safe to look at it. I gazed harder, because words started appearing in black ink.

ATHENA PITCHINER

I blinked at the words, confused. I knew the first part of that was my name, but I had no clue about the second part.

"Athena?"

I blinked and turned away. Jack and the others were looking at me. "Huh?" I asked, confused. Did they say something?

North stepped towards me and sighed. They apparently had tried to say something to me but I was gazing at the moon so I didn't concentrate on them. He stopped short, looked at my eyes and followed my gaze out the window towards the moon. "What did you see, my dear girl?" He crouched down at my level and looked me in the eyes.

"My name and," I glanced back at the moon. The inky words were gone. "Something else written on the moon, but I can't see it now. It's gone."

"It's ok," North got back up and continued what he was going to say. "Is your dad Pitch Black by any chance?"

I nodded my head.

North turned around to talk to the Guardians. I stood there again, watching Baby Tooth flit around the room, coming no where near me. Before she was delighted around me, now she turned a cold shoulder. Wonder why.

I scooted a bit closer to the Guardian huddle and listened in.

"What should we do with her?" Bunnymund asked. "Should we bring her back to Pitch?"

"I don't know," Jack said, thinking it over.

"What if Pitch comes looking for her?" Tooth worried.

"He's weak, don't worry." Jack shrugged it off. No later he said that, something crashed through the window.

"Daddy!" I cried gleefully and ran to him. I knew it was him instantly.

"Athena!" Dad embraced me. "What are you doing here?" He shook off some broken glass.

"They saved me." I gestured towards the Guardians and Baby Tooth.

"Saved you?" Dad gave me a funny look.