Epilogue~

A/N: So... sorry for the long wait....... Beware, it's short.

_______________________

At the end of the school day, I gaze at the pictures of me and Jackson spread around my locker door. Then there were the ones with Destiny and Mickey with us. In every single one, we were all smiling and goofing off. Most of them were taken after the lovely torture I had to endure at the beginning of that school year.

Absentmindedly, I rub the spine of one of Dad's journals with my thumb. I've been reading them every chance I get because it brings back memories and lets me get to know the Guardians better while being in school. It also reminds me that they are real and that I should never lose faith in them.

You may or may not have recognized that I said "Dad" instead of "Pitch". I do consider him my dad, even after what he's done. I forgave him about a year later.

What became of the old geezer anyway, you say? Well, he is currently in lock down and in some form of confinement. After he was beaten, along with Fearling, Pain, and Black Death, we hauled their broken bodies to a secret place at North's and locked them all up with special spells that North put on the rooms they were in.

Jackson, myself, Isaac and Ivy were taken to North's infirmary and patched up. We were all fine after a couple of days, but Isaac didn't wake for weeks. I feared he went into a coma and tried to stay awake by his side, ready to protect him just in case. Thankfully, he woke up after three days of myself having no sleep.

He didn't remember much and when we told him what happened, he felt guilty for not being strong enough to help. We told him there was no way he could have helped after what Dad did to him.

Isaac has still yet to forgive Dad. He probably never will. I wouldn't blame him.

"Hey Thea." Jackson says in a cheerful mood as he leans up against the locker next to me. He snaps me out of the past. "Ready to go home?"

"Yeah," I zip my coat closed and slipped on gloves. It has been a year since that roller coaster ride of an adventure and it's almost Christmas break now.

Now outside, I inhale the crisp, cold air and then exhale, causing a cloud breath to form. "I love the winter." My boots crunch against the freshly fallen snow that we got last night.

"Haha, yes I know." Jackson smiled and took my gloved hand into his. "We'd both be crazy if we didn't."

We neared the curb where parents pick up their kids, and I spotted my car. "There's Mom!" I tugged him towards the car and opened the door. Isaac was in the far seat as I climbed in to move to the back. Jackson followed and shut the door,

"Almost ready for Christmas break?" Mom said as she pulled out of the lot and onto the road.

"As soon as finals are over and down with." Jackson rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out to make a ridiculous face.

My mom and I both laughed. "I understand that." Mom smiled.

I'm happy to have Mom back. After all the chaos of locking everyone up, we found Mom miraculously unhurt in the ashes of our previous home. Also there were firefighters, policemen and worried neighbors who wanted to know what the heck had happened.

She had no trace of ever being controlled by Dad so we were able to get her back on track. The Guardians are also hoping to somehow reverse the effects of whatever made Pitch and them evil because they were once human beings. So far, no solution has been produced but we're working on it. I'm looking forward to a not evil dad and a nicer Pain.

"Oh, North called." Mom continued. "We're all going up to his place for part of Christmas break and then going over to Grami and Grampi's."

Isaac let out a whoop of joy and Jackson shot me a look of jealousy. I couldn't help the smile from spreading across my face. Christmas at North's huh? Wonder what it'll be like.

I am so glad we kept in touch with all the Guardians. So much in fact that we consider them all our related family. Usually on Saturdays, or whenever they have time, one Guardian or the other takes us sightseeing around the world and it's the best experience ever! And I even got to finally see Tooth's palace which was a big treat from her.

"He said you could even go with him in the sleigh to watch him deliver presents but then you have to go right to bed." Mom pulled into our driveway and we all dragged our school bags out and into the house.

Jackson came too. He's been coming home with me ever since the 'incident' and his parents seemed surprisingly ok with it. Now Mom and Jackson's parents are really good friends. He just walks home after because he doesn't all that far away.

"Hey wanna go outside?" Jackson suggested as we dumped our bags onto the couch.

I plopped onto the couch on my back and covered my eyes with the palms of my hands. "Hmm..." I moaned and then sat back up again. "Sure. Why not?" I took my hands away from my face and gave him a tired look. "It's not like we have homework or anything." I rolled my eyes and gave a light laugh.

"Let's go lazybones." Jackson laughed at my expression and reached for my hand. He pulled me up off the couch and lead me to the backdoor.

We went outside and he left me by the door. I watched him gather up some snow and form it into a snowball. He looked at me and aimed.

My eyes widened. "Oh no you don't!" I squealed as he launched the snowball at me. He started cracking up and in mock anger, I flung snow in his direction. It hit him in the face. "Payback!" I whopped in glee.

"Now you're gonna get it!" He dropped to the ground and started to gather up all the snow he could.

"Not if I get you first." I threatened and hastily made a sloppy snowball and threw it at the tree branch above his head. It hit it and caused quite a bit of snow to fall on his head and shoulders.

He yelped in surprise and stood up quickly.

I couldn't help but laugh really loudly. "You should have seen your face!" I threw back my head in laughter.

But stopped as a snowball collided with my arm. I looked at Jackson who had this smug look on his face.

So I just resorted to flinging snow at him, not even bothering to pack it into a snowball. He flung snow right back. That's when I noticed Isaac joined the fray. The little sneak must have took his chance when we were fooling around.

Isaac threw a snowball at me and I hastily threw one back. We all erupted in laughter as snow went everywhere.

"Hey, who's having a snowball fight without me?"

We all stopped to see who the voice belonged to, but we all had a pretty good idea.

Jack and Ivy smiled down at us from their position with balancing on our fence.

I narrowed my eyes playfully. "Oh we would never ah-!" I got cut off as Ivy and Jack both threw a snowball that they held behind their back. I shook the snow off. "Oh, it's on!" I laughed and flung snow at them, causing them to descend into the yard and join in our snowball fight.

We all laughed and joked around for the longest time.

I'm glad my Dad was Pitch. Because if he weren't I wouldn't have meet the Guardians ever. Yes, he and his side of the family has done some pretty nasty stuff, but now there's a brighter future for all of us.

FIN.

______________________

A/N: *sobs all over keyboard keys* Oh my gosh it's over!!!!!! :O Thanks to who all who actually kept reading this far and has stayed long enough to read my ridiculously long A/N.....

Sorry if the ending is kinda iffyish but I wanted to get it up for you guys asap cause I'd like to get back to writing. Hope you will continue to read the stuff that I write :P

Please comment!

Ich leibe euch alle~! (I love you all~!)