Ch.17 Dark Hearted Truth

A/N: Hey party people! So thanks for all the wonderful comments! I dunno exactly how long this will end up being, but it's been going pretty good :) Geniet van! (that's "enjoy!" in Dutch)

_______________

Ch.17 Dark Hearted Truth

We got to my house in no time flat. Ivy jumped off the Nightmare while it was still a couple feet in the air. She ran up to the door and started pounding on it. "Open up Pitch! I know you're in there with that wretched family!"

"Hey!" I called out to her, a little hurt. The Nightmare landed and I slid off and then walked up to the porch next to Ivy.

"I can feel your stinkin presence!" Ivy continued to pound on the door. When that didn't work, she tried another tactic. "I've got your other daughter."

The door instantly flew open before Ivy even finished the last syllable. Pitch loomed over us and then his eyes zeroed in on me. He reached for me, but quick as lightening, Ivy pushed me behind her. "No way. Not till I come in and we have a chat, father." She narrowed her eyes, daring him to say no.

Pitch didn't say a word, but opened the door further. He went ahead of us and into the living room. "Sit where you like, my daughters." he invited in an icy tone. "And let's chat." The way he emphasized 'chat' made me think that we're going to be doing something more than chat.

We sat down. Ivy fidgeted a little bit but I stayed perfectly still. Something weird was going on. I felt the air shift when I walked in. Like a darker presence than what I'm usually used to. Not good. Ivy seemed to have noticed to, and it was unsettling her greatly.

"Isaac." Pitch called out and Isaac appeared.

I gasped in horror. Isaac looked disoriented, like a zombie. His eyes were hollowed so they appeared in their own shadow. His skin was very pale, almost like seeing a ghost, but his eyes burned a bright gold. His head tipped to the side a little, like he couldn't support his own head.

"Isaac!" I leapt to my feet, but Ivy held and arm out in front of me. "He's my brother! I need to help him!" I struggled against her while Isaac gave me a blank, golden stare. I managed to thrust my left arm out and accidently shoot frost at Pitch.

Ivy stopped tying to hold me back, and I stopped struggling. We both turned to Pitch to see what I did. Somehow, I managed to freeze all of him, with just a little frost. "Um....?" I glanced at Ivy. She shrugged and edged closer to Pitch's frozen form.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Isaac calmly reach for Ivy's arm. "Ivy!" I called out in warning and tried to grab for my brother, but it was too late.

Isaac grabbed Ivy's wrist, dug his nails into her skin and forced her to turn around. Even though Ivy was much older and stronger than him, she seemed hypnotized by his empty, golden stare and was able to be maneuvered.

"Quite it, Isaac!" I smacked him on the arm. For a split second, the gold faded from his eyes, but it returned with a flicker. He looked at me with a sorry and sad look on his face. "Boo?" I asked, sensing his change of mood, and trying to recall my little brother back.

"Help me." He whispered just faintly. "I'm sorry." He glanced at Ivy who was still in some sort of trance. "Help me." He repeated again, then closed his eyes.

Then the screaming came. I looked at Ivy to see that Isaac was crushing her arm with all this newfound and unimaginable strength. "Isaac!" I shouted, then pushed him away from Ivy. Or tried to. He didn't really budge.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Get the frick off me!" Ivy screeched in pain, trying to claw his hand off. When that didn't work, she grabbed her moon hookers and drove the end into his hand.